need a shop that sells LH scratch plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a shop that sells LH scratch plates

Ok, the story goes like this; my buddy bought me a '95 black w/rosewood MIM Squier strat for my birthday. I'll post photos later. The guitar is in nice shape for being 14 years old but it has it's fair share of bumps and bruises.

At one point (like almost every lefty strat on the planet it seems) someone reversed the strings and made it a right handed guitar. Luckily they didn't drill a hole on the lower horn, hell they didn't even flip the nut.

What they did was a lot of pick strumming on the scratch plate. Both sides of the P/G are scratched due to the flipping. I know it's silly, but this bothers me so I am looking for a new one.

Where can I go online to purchase an MIM left handed scratch plate?? I assume a Mexican would work since that is where the guitar was manufactured. If anyone knows any better, please let me know. I've been searching the major sites and all they show are right handed P/G's.

If someone can be of help, it would be greatly appreciated.

The scratch guard that came with the guitar is the single ply white (you know the type, they are thick as a brick), but I'm looking for a w/b/w 3 ply or maybe even a mint green scratch plate.

I thank you in advance.

'ere ya go.
    Or 'ere of course...
    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
    Originally posted by chilton
    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Olav:

Thank you very much. I was at Guitarpartsresource site looking at p/g's earlier today and never noticed the lefty section. oops.

I was driving my self crazy.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

Glad to be of help. Do you or anyone out there know of lefty tortoise shell pickguards for a LP Jr?
        www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Add this to the list:
          http://www.fretsonthenet.com/

Comment

Warmouth always has them. I'm going custom next time, I love the options. LINK> http://www.terrapinisland.com/
            Last edited by AllroyPA; 11-01-2009, 08:26 PM.
            Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

A little pricey but a big selection...

http://www.wdmusic.com/guards_guitar_fender_strats.html

Comment

Originally posted by saltysidedown View Post
                A little pricey but a big selection...

http://www.wdmusic.com/guards_guitar_fender_strats.html
                I did notice that WD offers the left handed p/g's but when I saw the 25% upcharge, I said no thanks.

And thats to bad, since I have dealt with them in the past and found WD to be more than fair, but not an additional 25% fairer.

You need to remember that I'm of Scottish heritage, my pants pockets all have one way arrows going in when it comes to money.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
                  I did notice that WD offers the left handed p/g's but when I saw the 25% upcharge, I said no thanks.

And thats to bad, since I have dealt with them in the past and found WD to be more than fair, but not an additional 25% fairer.

You need to remember that I'm of Scottish heritage, my pants pockets all have one way arrows going in when it comes to money.
                  I have a Scotts friend living in Australia ...lol
                  You get home much ?
                  Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

So you got an onion-skin wallet then?

Anytime you open it, you cry...
                    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Olav View Post
                      So you got an onion-skin wallet then?

Anytime you open it, you cry...
                      Yes indeed, you should Washington rubbing his eyes when the sunlight shines in the open wallet.....

By the way, I ordered the scratch plate today (decided to go mint green/black/mint green) so photos of the guitar will need to wait as it is in pieces now.
                      Last edited by crawdaddy; 11-02-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
                        I have a Scotts friend living in Australia ...lol
                        You get home much ?
                        I was born in Chicago, but my father is from the old country.

I have never been there, but my wife and I have talked about a trip to Europe. My wife has a friend that owns a hotel (bed and breakfast type I think) on the Atlanticcoast in France and she has been after us to visit. So possibly in 2011 after both kids are out of school we'll take a little trip to England, Scotland, and France. I'm hopeful that my father will go along with us as he hasn't been back there since the 50's.

Comment

By the way, I ordered the scratch plate today (decided to go mint green/black/mint green) so photos of the guitar will need to wait as it is in pieces now.
                          Yes, cool choice. I was considering this myself, I thought with cream color or parchment knobs and covers. What will you go with; where'd you order from ? Let us know how it fits.
                          Last edited by AllroyPA; 11-02-2009, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
                            Yes, cool choice. I was considering this myself, I thought with cream color or parchment knobs and covers. What will you go with; where'd you order from ? Let us know how it fits.
                            I'm definitely going with the parchment knobs/covers. I bought those yesterday at a local store.

Funny little tidbit about my shopping trip yesterday; the local shop is The Certified Fender Repair Shop and a Fender dealer for the Phoenix area so I went to them to see about purchasing the scratch plate. They wanted to sell me a scratch plate from WD Music for $40 or $50 (whatever the price was, I don't remember exactly) explaining the left handed up charge fee. I said for that price I'll buy the Fender unit. He kept trying to sell me the WD product. They don't stock lefty parts so it needed to be ordered either way, so I didn't see the problem with ordering from the original manufacturer that was located 4 miles east of the shop and at a lesser price than the custom shop.

He kept pushing the WD so I purchased the smaller (Fender products) items and ordered the scratch plate on line from a different dealer. I won't divulge the company as of yet since I was told that the MIM P/G should fit and I'm waiting to see if this is fact.

Comment

I was told that the MIM P/G should fit and I'm waiting to see if this is fact.
                              Why should'nt it fit it is a MIM ?

Comment

Working...
                              X