Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CARVIN announces Lefty Floyd Rose tremolo option

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CARVIN announces Lefty Floyd Rose tremolo option

    Carvin is excited to announce the addition of a left-handed Floyd Rose tremolo option to all guitars that are currently offered with a right-handed Floyd.

    It'll be a couple of days before this is added to the online Guitar Builder, but you can phone in your orders now.

    Left-handed Floyds will also be offered on the 7-string DC727 & DC747, but note that it may add a week or two to your build time, as we don't have the units in stock yet. But we can start your DC727/747 build now, and hopefully, we'll have the units in stock by the time your build is to that point.

    Like the right-handed models, left-handed Floyds are available in chrome, gold or black. The piezo option is not available on left-handed models.

    Also like the right-handed version, the locking nut is optional.



    http://www.carvinguitars.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=17455

  • #2
    another victory for us lefties!

    Comment


    • #3
      Now they need to include a piezo bridge and different pickup manufacturers / options.

      Comment


      • #4
        Good news, small victories.
        Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

        Comment


        • #5
          excellent win for the southpaws...but at the same time, isn't it sad that it took this much effort to progress to where we were with Carvin in 1992?

          Comment


          • #6
            It's about time. They are one step closer (just one) to me ordering one. Now if they'd only make it the true custom shop they claim it is and allow me to pick the neck profile I want, pickups, etc.

            They are making strides though. At least you can now get a pointy headstock instead of the pathetic looking standard headstocks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bzean123 View Post
              It's about time. They are one step closer (just one) to me ordering one. Now if they'd only make it the true custom shop they claim it is and allow me to pick the neck profile I want, pickups, etc.

              They are making strides though. At least you can now get a pointy headstock instead of the pathetic looking standard headstocks.
              I've looked at some Carvins online, never seen one in the flesh though, and the main stumbling block for me is the pickups. If I could order one or find a used one with Duncans or whatever then I would be seriously considering one.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SouthpawGuy View Post
                I've looked at some Carvins online, never seen one in the flesh though, and the main stumbling block for me is the pickups. If I could order one or find a used one with Duncans or whatever then I would be seriously considering one.
                My first electric guitar was a Carvin, but I haven't actually played one in about 10 years. So I don't know how the pickups sound now. They're probably ok. But if I was going to buy one I'd plan to swap the pickups out sooner or later.

                Comment


                • #9
                  carvin stock pups are actually pretty good.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    They did this right after I got my non-floyd guitar.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I placed an order with Carvin about 4 years ago for a Lefty with Floyd. They took my order, and my money, then weeks later said 'Oops, we don't build those'. It then took me 3 months to get a refund out of them. I bought a Jackson instead.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Is there anything extra you have to do with one of their kits with a floyd such as shimming the neck pocket?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Assumer View Post
                          Is there anything extra you have to do with one of their kits with a floyd such as shimming the neck pocket?
                          Shims in the pocket is a result of how the strings set up to the frets, height and angle to the nut. Shim has nothing to do with what type of bridge. It's more to do with adjusting action, if that makes sense.
                          Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yes it does make sense. I have never had a guitar with a floyd and have read stuff about shims and such. Thanks

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SouthpawGuy View Post
                              I've looked at some Carvins online, never seen one in the flesh though, and the main stumbling block for me is the pickups. If I could order one or find a used one with Duncans or whatever then I would be seriously considering one.
                              I've had a nech thru DC-135 in translucent green since 1996 and the feel (too me) is incredible - Since I added a Kahler 7330, with steel rollers, buzz feitened it and added EMG's --- its incredible. That axe and my CL-450 have been top notch

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X