• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some assholes can't read.

I really hate it when it happens

I was browsing e-bay usa on left handed electric guitars,
    and I've seen this drop-dead GORGEOUS guitar very close
    to what my dream guitar is only to realize that some f***head
    put a righty guitar in the lefty electrics section...

Arrrghhh...

I mean I've seen righty instruments misplaced in the lefty section
    a lot of times, but when you see something that you really really
    like and you get all your hopes up, only to realize it is righty,
    then it really hurts.

Don't you hate it when it happens?

(just for the record, the guitar that fucked up my day is this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Washburn-EC36-St...d=p3286.c0.m14 )
    "NO, I don't build left handed guitars! I think left handed people are freaks and should not even play the guitar."

Words by a famous luthier when asked by me for a custom left handed instrument quote.

"Great man, you are brilliant! So your stupid ass thinks that Hendrix should have never played the guitar?!"

My reply.

Last year I traveled a little over an hour to purchase a late 80's Sheraton II that looked great in those tiny photos we get on CL.

Boy, was I surprised when the seller opened the case and it was a righty. He reversed the image when he placed the ad.

On the up side, it was a great looking guitar at a steal of a price that I bought a couple of weeks later for a fantastic price. It also came in a Gibson 335 case that was in fine shape.

I sold both of them, the guitar and the case separately for a tidy profit about 6 weeks later.

Comment

one time i bought an ibanez that was left handed in the picture only to get it in the mail and find out the golf clubs behind it in the picture he took of it were left handed and the picture was a mirrored image, so the damn thing was right handed

so i cleaned it up and flipped it on ebay, sold alot better since i threw good pics on there, cleaned it up, oh and also right handed guitars always sell better
      Originally posted by metalchurch
      I had my ball sack appraised one time.
      Originally posted by metalchurch
      ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

I agree that you can make a profit this way, but if you
        got all excited that you found a special lefty (the feeling
        is priceless!!) and actually is a righty, can ruin your damn week
        "NO, I don't build left handed guitars! I think left handed people are freaks and should not even play the guitar."

Words by a famous luthier when asked by me for a custom left handed instrument quote.

"Great man, you are brilliant! So your stupid ass thinks that Hendrix should have never played the guitar?!"

My reply.

Comment

I was certain when I saw a lefty slsmg on craigslist that it was a dinky of some sort and the guy was misinformed about the actual model, that he had put lefty in the description by accident, or that he was a scammer. Im SOOOOO glad that I was wrong

not trying to make that wound of yours sting, just saying things work out sometimes.

Comment

Working...
          X