OT: Univox AMP question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Univox AMP question

I don't know if anyone on this site has any knowledge regarding early '70's Univox amps, but I own one and have some questions???

I own a 1972 (pretty sure) Univox U150R amp. It is a solid state 20Watt amp that I have had for a long time.

I'm curious as to whether someone has any idea what the value of the amp is? I'm not looking to sell it, unless of course I get offered some outrageous amount of cash.

The amp is great condition (photos to follow) considering it is almost 40 years old. Everything works on it and it still sounds good. It is all original including the speakers, knobs and even down to the electric cord that does not have the third prong.

I'm just wondering if it worth $20 or $200??

Here are a few photos:

Wow, that is pretty clean. I think the biggest issue is a lot of people bash solid state amps. I know I had a couple back in the day because I was a noob and didn't want to deal with tubes and such. Now, I only want tube amps and I don't mind the extra work with these because I love the tone of a tube.

Sorry I couldn't be of much more help.

joe...

Comment

$250-300 in good condition ... I imagine your being at the higher end due to it's original state
      Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
      I don't know if anyone on this site has any knowledge regarding early '70's Univox amps, but I own one and have some questions???

I own a 1972 (pretty sure) Univox U150R amp. It is a solid state 20Watt amp that I have had for a long time.

I'm curious as to whether someone has any idea what the value of the amp is? I'm not looking to sell it, unless of course I get offered some outrageous amount of cash.

The amp is great condition (photos to follow) considering it is almost 40 years old. Everything works on it and it still sounds good. It is all original including the speakers, knobs and even down to the electric cord that does not have the third prong.

I'm just wondering if it worth $20 or $200??

Here are a few photos:

Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
        $250-300 in good condition ... I imagine your being at the higher end due to it's original state
        Thanks for the responses. The amp has spent most of it's life in the garage.
        It now sits in the living room as a piece of art.

I'm slowly turning the room into a little music room. My wife hasn't said a word, yet. But I think once I move the couch out, she might...

Comment

..and that will make the perfect spot for the drum kit !
          Thanks for the responses. The amp has spent most of it's life in the garage.
          It now sits in the living room as a piece of art.

I'm slowly turning the room into a little music room. My wife hasn't said a word, yet. But I think once I move the couch out, she might...
          Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

^^^^ Now that's funny, I don't care what you say!!! ^^^^

I never thought of a drum set. Gives me an idea though, I can tell my wife that I'm looking at drum sets and when she goes ballistic, I'll add "you know if I can get this new guitar (brand and style to be added as needed) I won't have the need for the drums. You never know, it might just work.

Comment

Electronic drum-kit ? You have amps already ... and you'd only have to slide the couch over instread of taking it out ... LOL ...Enjoy ..
              ^^^^ Now that's funny, I don't care what you say!!! ^^^^

I never thought of a drum set. Gives me an idea though, I can tell my wife that I'm looking at drum sets and when she goes ballistic, I'll add "you know if I can get this new guitar (brand and style to be added as needed) I won't have the need for the drums. You never know, it might just work.

Comment

Working...
              X