OT: Marshall Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Marshall Amp

Over the weekend my friend and I went to look at a guitar. The amp we used when trying out the new (used) guitar was a Marshall. I don't remember the model number but what I do remember was, WOW, it sounded fantastic. The notes rang sweet and clean. It was a smaller amp, so I'm figuring about a 30 to 50W amp.

I'm going to look at a MG 30DFX tonight. I know this amp isn't the same as the one we played, simply due to the fact that that owner stated his amp retailed for about $800. I'm just hoping to find similar tones.

Does anyone have any opinions regarding this model or Marshalls in general, either good or bad?

Is there anything in particular that I should be aware of? Any quality issues?

Help me if you can.

Sorry it's a little OT and doesn't relate to left handed guitars, but I figure you guys gotta have amps too.
    Last edited by crawdaddy; 08-03-2009, 06:33 PM.

I have a MG50. the fan died, ive heard this is common for these amps. other than that, its cool for practicing. effects are good enough to play around with.

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

AllroyPA, I scanned the reviews at HC, but usually take those reviews with a grain of salt.

I wasn't able to meet with the seller on Monday or Tuesday and I'm busy for the next couple evenings. I have talked to seller a couple of times and he seems very nice and is willing to work with me. I told him if it is still available this weekend, I will purchase it. His price is only $100, so I figure that I can't go wrong, even if it becomes a mere decoration in my music room.

Comment

Amazon has reviews also ... I'd get someone's Vox at about $100 you can get the AD30VT ... I would think.

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
        Thanks for the responses.

AllroyPA, I scanned the reviews at HC, but usually take those reviews with a grain of salt.

I wasn't able to meet with the seller on Monday or Tuesday and I'm busy for the next couple evenings. I have talked to seller a couple of times and he seems very nice and is willing to work with me. I told him if it is still available this weekend, I will purchase it. His price is only $100, so I figure that I can't go wrong, even if it becomes a mere decoration in my music room.
        Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
          Amazon has reviews also ... I'd get someone's Vox at about $100 you can get the AD30VT ... I would think.
          That's funny, I purchased an AD30VT about a year ago and promptly sold my AC30CC2. It is a very nice amp and works well for me.

Comment

Working...
          X