Need advice re: possible new Schecter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice re: possible new Schecter

Ok, there is a Schecter C-1 Blackjack for sale locally. I know absolutely zero about Schecters.

Is there anybody out there??? Sorry as I was writng, it just kinda flowed....

Back to reality, is there anyone with info regarding these guitars?

Are they decent? What would you think a ballpark price should be for one in excellent condition? Is there anything that I should be looking out for on the guitar?

I haven't even seen a photo of the guitar, only a stock photo from the Schecter site.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

judging from Ebay people are trying to get about $325 for them. I know they are lighter than my Ibanez SZ520QM, but the same setup. I like my bridge better as it's smooth edges
    Attached Files
    Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Over at SS.org a lot of people have the Hellraiser and Loomis 7 string models, nicely made guitars, necks are a bit bigger than your average shreddy-type one but not baseball-bat like.

If they're good enough for Bulb....(watch in HQ)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvAmUmZMsSs

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm attempting to get some photos from the seller at the moment.

I'm thinking of offering between $225 and $250 since it has been for sale for awhile. Well originally the seller was trying to trade and now he/she has put it out there for a cash deal.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks again,

Comment

After having the Ibanez, I would'nt want the schecter, but they are lighter.
          Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

I tried some of the Schector models when they first came out. GC had a bunch of lefties on hand. I do not own one but from what I remember, they played nice, a thicker neck than what I liked.

joe...

Comment

i played a c-1 at guitar center and i was really dissapointed

it had super high action, the 5-way on 2 humbuckers was great, sounded good, but the fretboard was nasty and the finish on the neck was sticky

nice looking axe though
              Originally posted by metalchurch
              I had my ball sack appraised one time.
              Originally posted by metalchurch
              ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

Action is always adjustable, not heard the sticky neck thing before, GC aren't known for maintaining their guitars well though. Is the C-1 a low end model?

They might not have the thinnest necks but it's not a barrier from ripping on one:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvfg0iLnzsw

Comment

Pauly: I'm assuming the C-1 is their low end model.

I looked at the guitar last night and though it was nice, the neck wasn't comfortable to me. So I took a pass, it's not like I need more guitars!!!!

A few of you were right on regarding the thicker neck.

Thanks for the great insight.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
                    Pauly: I'm assuming the C-1 is their low end model.

I looked at the guitar last night and though it was nice, the neck wasn't comfortable to me. So I took a pass, it's not like I need more guitars!!!!

A few of you were right on regarding the thicker neck.

Thanks for the great insight.
                    depends on which C-1 model you are talkin about.. I had a C-1 Hellraser and that thing was awesome.. it did have a thicker neck than Im comfortable with and some slight fret buzz I just couldn't figure out unless I switched to some lighter guage strings and the thing kinda stunk, like every time I'd open the case and this foul aroma would waft out, it wasn't too bad but it was noticable.. come to think of it, Im glad I got rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeroCycle View Post
                      depends on which C-1 model you are talkin about.. I had a C-1 Hellraser and that thing was awesome.. it did have a thicker neck than Im comfortable with and some slight fret buzz I just couldn't figure out unless I switched to some lighter guage strings and the thing kinda stunk, like every time I'd open the case and this foul aroma would waft out, it wasn't too bad but it was noticable.. come to think of it, Im glad I got rid of it.
                      Ha, someone on SS bought a used guitar that absolutely reeked of weed, because the previous owner was obviously fond of lighting up while playing or just left the guitar lying around while a cloud of smoke filled the room.

Comment

Working...
                      X