Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two lefty 7's, a video, and a short review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two lefty 7's, a video, and a short review!

Hello there guys,
    A couple of months ago I got my first seven string and couldn't help wanting more. Recently I've been recording some demos for my band, and playing in drop A is pure pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32tAMOkMl4I

The guitar on the left is a lefty Hellraiser C7 (stock). The other one is a lefty Schecter Omen 7, routed to fit EMGs. I also replaced the stock bridge for a TonePros 7 String metric bridge and the tuners for Gotoh Magnum.

Some interesting stuff that’s worth to mention:

* Even though the Hellraiser is all mahogany, the Omen 7 (basswood body and maple neck) is quite heavier in terms of weight. Paradoxically, the Hellraiser sounds much ballsier while the Omen is slightly brighter (same pickups).
    * I’ve read many criticisms about the Hellraiser’s neck. Mine is the 2008 model, and all I can say is that it’s really comfortable. It seems that the guys at Schecter addressed the thickness issue that earlier models had.
    * Many people wonder about the difference between 25.5 and 26.5 scales. My view on the topic: it’s not a big deal. I have small hands and it only took me a couple of days to get accustomed to it. Getting used to my 8 string Intrepid wasn’t that bad either (although there were some very-open chords that made me go “ouch!”).

Well, I think that’s all I have to say for now. Hope it helps some fellow sevenstringers to choose their next axe!

wow dude, that was a great vid.

Comment

Fantastic, and I loved your Seether cover as well, so talented bro ... subscribed and shared. (/|\)
      Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Quality stuff there mate, I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting a 7 string Schecter since I want something with a fixed bridge so I can put Hipshot Guitar X-tenders on the low E and B (for Drop D and Drop A). Probably go with a Hellraiser unless they release a Loomis lefty (pleasssssssssse!!!)

Schecter USED to do bat-like 7 string necks but this was wayyyyy back when Jack Owen from Cannibal Corpse was using an Avenger (see Live Cannibalism DVD) and they hadn't released their Diamond/Blackjack/Hellraiser series. Old headstocks and stuff too.

Comment

great sound and great player
          the soldano sound is amasing

Comment

that was Killer, now lay down a Solo over that shit!!

Comment

Excellent man!
              --
              John Settino
              Web Developer, Musician
              Blog: http://www.johnsettino.com/

Comment

Welcome spambot!

Comment

Great Video and I also hope to get a Schecter 7 string as well at some point I love the Schecter necks unlike so many people.

Oh and of course the fact that they support the left handed inclined.
                  Guitaring in a non guitaring land

Comment

Working...
                  X