Volume issue...Ibanez RG1570L.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume issue...Ibanez RG1570L.

Ok, so I have this Ibanez RG1570L that I had EMGs put in about a year ago (81/SA/85), but the volume of the guitar is significantly quieter than all of my others. Now my other guitars are all stop tail or string through, all mahogony, with EMG set ups. I had a local store install the pick ups, any ideas on where to start at on this thing?

I had problems with the volume when I had EMG 707's in my Feline (I ended up getting SD Blackouts to replace them); the volume would go up to about 80% then just cut out completely if you turned the knob to it's maximum. I think it was to do with the active wiring was being reversed for lefties (you turn the knobs in the opposite direction to a right-handed guitar). Might be just an EMG thing since the Blackouts are active and they work fine.

Comment

One of the most overlooked low output problems can happen if they wire something backward by mistake especially the input jack.
      Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Did the store also change the pots to the ones that came with the EMGs ?

If they left the original pots in that might be the cause of the problem.

Another thought, as Paul has suggested, .... is it wired left handed ? If it was wired lefty using righty pots that could also cause problems.

Comment

That's what I was thinking that the wiring was goofed up. Just found out that the store sends the guitars to a local guy who does the work in his basement, so I'm thinking he might not have changed the pots out, I'll have to take a closer look at it tonight. I'll probably compare the wiring to one of my other guitars that came stock with EMGs.

Comment

I would think it should have 500k pots
            Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Working...
            X