RAN Custom: In The Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAN Custom: In The Works

I finally decided to go custom, I was originally going to go with Jackson but the projected wait times and the quote just couldn't compare to RAN's
    I haven't put first payment down on it as I'm waiting on my tax refund but
    once I do construction will begin..I'm already lookin for a guitar to tide me
    over till this beauty arrives, I was thinkin a KING V but we'll see..
    specs are pretty obvious from the pic, except for the alder body part.
    Also I am undecided about the v-plate for the strings thru, I'm leaning toward
    not having it on there, but opinions would help.
    Last edited by TheHeroCycle; 10-10-2010, 09:20 PM.

I think its cool, goes with the body style very well.

Comment

If you don't want a trem bridge, try one of the flat mount kahlers...they are nice and chunky

Comment

man that's sick
        Originally posted by metalchurch
        I had my ball sack appraised one time.
        Originally posted by metalchurch
        ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

Siiiick, I LOVE that shape, Death Warrior or something isn't it. Also reminds me of this little beauty:

http://www.ormsbyguitars.com/galleri...pics/nick.html

I'd go without the V plate myself, have the TOM bridge recessed and direct mount the pickup (if it was me)

Comment

Yeah its a Death Warrior, Ive wanted one ever since I caught a glimpse of a seven stringer with the same shape (righty of course ).. that Aussie made one is lovely though. I agree the v plate does go well with the look and feel but I think im gonna go without. Just a slanted sting thru. From bass side down and in toward the bridge, like this /
            By the way, someday here is what its sister will look like

Comment

I think I know which one you mean, it's been posted on SS.org, one of the Brit guys has it or had it.

That thing's gorgeous. For true twinnage you should have white bevels + pickup + knob (maybe) on the black one!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                I think I know which one you mean, it's been posted on SS.org, one of the Brit guys has it or had it.

That thing's gorgeous. For true twinnage you should have white bevels + pickup + knob (maybe) on the black one!
                haha yeah, but they arent twins just siblings, and I wanted the Death Warrior to be absolutely blackend cause the shape in my opinion is flashy enough and the music im gonna make with it will be horrifying and awesome!

Comment

dude i think you should talk to ran about a custom thru body cover being made, even the arrow head one is very cool and the angle string thru design looks nice, in my opinion i think if you could get one made that would fit well with the contour of the body at the end i think that would look awesome, just my opinion though, other than that absolutely stunning guitar bro!!
                  if a one man dies its a tragedy,
                  If a million die its a statistic,
                  -Josef Stalin

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeroCycle View Post
                    Yeah its a Death Warrior, Ive wanted one ever since I caught a glimpse of a seven stringer with the same shape (righty of course ).. that Aussie made one is lovely though. I agree the v plate does go well with the look and feel but I think im gonna go without. Just a slanted sting thru. From bass side down and in toward the bridge, like this /
                    By the way, someday here is what its sister will look like
                    That's hot !
                    Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

I like coming back to look at this one, definitely go without the V plate (like the white mockup), also have the TOM bridge recessed like the KXK guitars, and methinks you should go for some sicko matte finish like Devin's custom ESP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDSjpqQSjmY

Comment

the mattle black is sick, but I'm just gonna go with a satin black, they are similar.
                        fixed the / bridge..

Comment

here are some pics of the seven stringer that made me want a death warrior sooo bad.. I flipped them to lefty, im sure you all understand..

Comment

One of us Brits owned/owns that guitar now, I think it was either Lozek or Metalfiend666 but it was def. that guitar.

Comment

Yep current owner is E Lucevan Le Stelle!

What a collection:

KxK SII-7
                              Blackmachine B7
                              Jackson CS Death Warrior 7
                              Agile Intrepid 8
                              Parker Fly Custom with BKPs
                              Neal Moser V

I'll find some hi-res pics from another owner's thread, it's been around the block a bit.

EDIT - you posted the pics from the SS.org thread haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X