Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I prefer Gibson styled guitars as a lefty

Hehehe....

I know they're not for everyone, but after playing other guitars for a few years, I have to admit I'm partial to products which are either Gibson or based off of Gibson. This isn't even so much from a tone or feel or price perspective, but just generally speaking....if I want to do modifications or upgrades, I don't have to special order the tuners (which you would have to do with 6-in-a-line), and I don't have to special order the bridges on those, either. This has allowed me a lot of carte blanche to just upgrade the guitars as I see fit without having to worry about finding a vendor that specialized in a whole bunch of left handed parts and what not.

Granted, I know a TOM bridge and 3-on-a-side headstocks aren't for everyone, but if you are a lefty, it's definitely something to consider if you're looking at the usual crap they have on the shelves of your local Guitar Denter and you're wondering about said upgrades.

(Because Lord knows they ain't gonna stock anything more than a Squier or a MiM guitar on their shelves and if you're really lucky, maybe an Ibanez or an Epiphone.)

2 cents.

epiphones are garbage anyways

except the japan and us made ones

i've never had any problems finding lefty parts, you just go on ebay and they have near everything, and if ebay doesnt have it then warmoth does
    Originally posted by metalchurch
    I had my ball sack appraised one time.
    ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by lostinthemasses View Post
      epiphones are garbage anyways

except the japan and us made ones

i've never had any problems finding lefty parts, you just go on ebay and they have near everything, and if ebay doesnt have it then warmoth does
      Really?

So...you think you're "guaranteed" a better guitar because of the name on the headstock?

NVM>......Didn't think Lefties could afford to be cork sniffers. Guess I was wrong.

PS: I've played crappy Gibsons, and great Gibsons. Same goes for Epiphone, same goes for any brand. There's Korean stuff I've liked, there's Chinese stuff I've liked. There's stuff I thought was crap.

Oh well.

Out...

Comment

Im just an outsider lookin in when it comes to Gibson cause the only one I ever owned was a righty Les Paul standard the was given to me as a gift and in the Epi department I had an Iommi SG lefty that I liked but didn't love. I have considered getting a Gibson before but I've just never stumbled upon one that I meshed with. Also from what I've seen and heard recently their prices are outta this world and poor Quality Control.

Comment

tbh i dont think any1 can come online and say that any company, especially one as renowned as epiphone, are garbage.
          Personally i usually like more pointy marshall metal style guitars, V's, xiphos, explorers warriors and things like that, i just always have, but i sat in a guitar shop on a holiday in canada once and played a gibson SG and i dont think i've played anything since that felt that comfortable or well made. Im still not a massive fan but i can see totally where your coming from about liking them, i've always wanted a Les Paul shaped guitar tbh but i dont like them enough at the moment to justify my money going that way.

But i understand your point completely about the 3 in a row thing and stuff
          if a one man dies its a tragedy,
          If a million die its a statistic,
          -Josef Stalin

Comment

first off, all epiphones are now made in china

second off, epiphone stopped being a renowned company the second the decided to stop making axes in the US and japan

third off, i've played dozens of right and left handed epiphones made in the US, japan, korea, and china. i've never played a chinese epiphone that was any good, some sound ok, but they play like i said in my earlier post, garbage

at the same time i absolutely cannot stand schecters, i've played the original fender-style schecters from the 80's which are just amazing and i think the products they're making today in korea and china are downright embarrassing and the japanese company that bought them out made an embarrassment of the name

no chinese factory has made an electric guitar that i've enjoyed playing

no indonesian factory has made an electric guitar i'd own

malaysia is a joke

the only good korean factory is the dean factory

the dean factory is about as even with quality control as gibson usa is

Comment

as I said before, my Epi LP not only kicks ass (after pup swap) it was HAND CRAFTED in China. That's even better than "made".

Seriously though, it kicks serious ass

Comment

lol

must've been a one-in-a-million shot

Comment

Working...
                X