Definately check this out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definately check this out

Stumbled upon this link at thegearpage, I don't think its on the links thread.

http://shop.taniguchi-gakki.jp/produ...category_id=10

Japanese guitar store that deals mostly lefties, the site is japan, so hopefully you have a google translator or something.

But they've got all the Edwards, Tokai, and Burny Les pauls! Plus some really interesting MIJ Schecters I've never seen before.

It looks like they ship internationally, atleast if you email them your address they will give you a quote on the guitar w/shipping. Assuming its the usual $100-130 the other stores charge, thats not bad.

a Burny John Sykes sig Les Paul for under $600? Hmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by ShredMojo; 05-28-2010, 07:21 PM.

??? the link is missing ???
    Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

oh yeah, that'd prolly help

Comment

http://translate.google.com/translat...en-US:official

There's the link translated.
        http://soundcloud.com/djxer0

Comment

Only recently, I'd say in the last year, Taniguchi decided to start shipping internationally. Please examine their Conditions, they have some funky Rules of Sale...
          Quite the collection though, prices aren't half bad, though shipping to Europe usually proves to be a killer, especially after adding Customs and VAT.
          va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
          Originally posted by chilton
          Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
          www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Does seem like the japanese companies have no problem making lefties, just wish there was an easier way to buy them

Comment

At least Taniguchi have opened the door to international sales. When I bought my Junior from Tokai (January 2009) that was merely because no European dealer/importer would/could get their hands on a lefty (or so they claimed) and Taniguchi didn't cater to European customers.
              So things have improved quite a lot recently. I do agree there's still a couple issues.
              www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Now the question is a Edwards les paul or a Tokai

both about the same price, really like the Burny Sykes model, but i've read mixed reviews about quality.

I do want a black guitar AND a goldtop...So maybe I'll just get an Edwards AND the Tokai =)

Those japanese Schecter EX series look amazing, really pricey though $1800, can't find much info on them

Comment

Yeah... I feel terrible you having to choose
                  Seriously; I never played an Edwards, I know Tokai builds a really good guitar (make sure you buy MiJ) and I'd be confident in advising on buying a Tokai.
                  You might want to post your question over at tokaiforum for an answer a little more balanced and for more informed opinions. There's people there that own both brands, some prefer Tokai, some prefer Edwards.
                  www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

I was fortunate enough to noodle on an "Edwards" LP a few years ago. It was fandango. I'm not kidding when I say in blind fold test, you probably couldn't tell the difference between the Edwards and a Gibson. It was that nice.

I really really really want one of the Edwards 335 style guitars.

The Tokai's look great too, tough decision ahead of you.

I don't about the prices on ebay, but it seems there are always a few new ones up for sale.

Good Luck

Comment

The guitar player in my old band had an Edwards LP, 3 pickup white custom, was a really nice guitar. He also owned a couple Gibson historic lps, a 57 GT, and an older custom, he used the edwards the most that I can remember, it was a killer sounding axe. Put a Gibson logo on it, and no one could tell it wasn't real.

That pretty much sold me on them, so I'm leaning more Edwards, but it'll be a month or so before I can afford one...so god knows what guitar I'll have my eye on by then.

Totally would get a Raven, but Eric sold out of lefties for awhile

Comment

Working...
                      X