Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi guys. Um i'm at a crossroads cinema sure what to do i don't Super Strat or Ibanez?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys. Um i'm at a crossroads cinema sure what to do i don't Super Strat or Ibanez?

Hi guys! I'm at a crossroads here. I've got an almost super strategy (Duncan JB and hot rails) but have been real interested in an Ibanez RG1550. So I'm not sure if I want to add a Floyd rose to the strategy or sell it and get the Ibanez. What do you guys think?

That is really a matter of preference. The RG1550 will have a HB in the neck and your super strat will have single coils (I prefer single coils in the neck position). I can't compare the necks but the Ibanez prestige wizard is flat and thin. The Ibanez will have an Edge Pro trem if I recall correctly, which is just as good if not better than an original floyd rose.

Probably can't go wrong either way, it would probably be cheaper to just add the floyd to the guitar you already have if you love it otherwise.

Comment

Sorry Strat. Not strategy. Stupid smartphone that thinks it knows what I wanna say.

Comment

Thanks Jesse! I like the strat. It only has 21 FRETS and even though they were my choice I haven't been happy with the hot rails in the neck and middle. Like you I prefer single coils in the neck.

Comment

Ha! I just saw my topic heading! I bought this Motorola Droid and its got the speak text function. I guess I should proofread before I hit enter!!!but its an awesome phone. OK back to guitars....

Comment

Originally posted by leftyandproud View Post
            Ha! I just saw my topic heading! I bought this Motorola Droid and its got the speak text function. I guess I should proofread before I hit enter!!!but its an awesome phone. OK back to guitars....
            What does it think a crossroads cinema is in the english language ? lol so funny ,..,..,...
            Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

I just got the HTC incredible and love using the talk to text...but yea, sometimes it is WAY off

anyway, I say go with what you know if you aren't familiar with Ibanez necks. That is the most intimate part of the guitar.

Comment

Jesse, actually I'm familiar with Ibanez necks. I've had an rg1570 and 2 rg470's and loved them. But I also love a strat neck. I just can't get one without letting one go. I just am hoping I'm not making a move out of boredom. By the way, what's your fav axe? The petrucci or the Nuno? Those are a couple of my dream guitars.

Comment

Jesse, actually I'm familiar with Ibanez necks. I've had an rg1570 and 2 rg470's and loved them. But I also love a strat neck. I just can't get one without letting one go. I just am hoping I'm not making a move out of boredom. By the way, what's your fav axe? The petrucci or the Nuno? Those are a couple of my dream guitars.
                  VERY tough decision, but without question it is the N4. I have never had a guitar that felt part of me like this Washburn. It speaks to me, it responds to me and I will never ever part with it. True story.

The JP6 is an elite instrument and will probably be buried with me along with the N4, but in my eyes it will always be second place. I have to give kudos to both Washburn and EBMM for putting out such stellar quality instruments for us southpaws.

Comment

Wow! Couldn't imagine having both to choose from. I had an EB LUKE and it was awesome. Probably one of 2 guitars that I've owned that I truly miss. The other was a 71 LP Deluxe that I played for 9 years.

Comment

Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
                      What does it think a crossroads cinema is in the english language ? lol so funny ,..,..,...
                      Ha! Right. Up here in King NC we have a guitar shop called Shannocks and the other day I used the speak/text function to tell my wife that I'm going "to Shannocks" and the phone spelled out "douche annex"! I left it and sent it. She knew exactly what I meant! She's pretty good at the game Mad Gab....................

Comment

Ha! Right. Up here in King NC we have a guitar shop called Shannocks and the other day I used the speak/text function to tell my wife that I'm going "to Shannocks" and the phone spelled out "douche annex"! I left it and sent it. She knew exactly what I meant! She's pretty good at the game Mad Gab....................
                        Hahahaha. I just find it funny because I think most guitar shops CAN legitimately be called douche annexes.
                        www.facebook.com/aprioripgh
                        www.twitter.com/a_prior_i
                        www.a-prior-i.com
                        www.youtube.com/aprioripgh
                        www.myspace.com/impenetrableeye

Comment

Working...
                        X