opinions on the fender AVRI 57 stratocaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on the fender AVRI 57 stratocaster

Anyone played or owns a am.vintage reissue 57 strat?

I'm looking at one for some time, its like new, could get a nice deal but i haven't decieded yet and i'm reading up on it... any opinions would be apreciated...

thanks,

Bart

The only time I played one was in a store.. It was a very nice guitar, but I really didn't notice any difference from an American strat.

I'm not saying there isn't a difference, there is, but MIA strats play so beautifully, I don't see the need.

Unless, like you say, you can pick it up for a great price. Then go for it and don't look back.

Good Luck

Comment

Well, I think they're beautiful ... one ply guard - maple neck - yummy ... what color is it ? The collectability should be nice on it (aka..keep a nice dollar value), do you know what year ? is it all stock ?
      Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Is it the one for sale in Peule? That's beauty! Haven't played any of those, so can't be of help in that departement.

(bring that too, when you're coming to feel up the Mo')
        va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
        Originally posted by chilton
        Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
        www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

I don't think its that old, maybe 3 years tops.
          Two tone sunburst, all stock, mint condition.
          Doesn't come with the tweed case (i don't care for that) but however will sit in a fender molded case instead.

Price is more than fair. It would cost me about the same as i would buy a new american standard strat.

Did play a new american std.
          Craftsmanship was impressing, impecable i must admit. weight was very pleasant too.
          But id did'nt move me... didn't like the neck profile that much, and the overal feel and tone.

I'm kinda hoping that a vintage specced one will cut it more for me...

We'll see.... And i'll surely keep y'all posted...

Bart

Comment

Originally posted by Olav View Post
            (bring that too, when you're coming to feel up the Mo')
            If i end up buying it, that is... (i am however very very very tempted) Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 3art View Post
              I don't think its that old, maybe 3 years tops.
              Two tone sunburst, all stock, mint condition.
              Doesn't come with the tweed case (i don't care for that) but however will sit in a fender molded case instead.

Price is more than fair. It would cost me about the same as i would buy a new american standard strat.

Did play a new american std.
              Craftsmanship was impressing, impecable i must admit. weight was very pleasant too.
              But id did'nt move me... didn't like the neck profile that much, and the overal feel and tone.

I'm kinda hoping that a vintage specced one will cut it more for me...

We'll see.... And i'll surely keep y'all posted...

Bart
              For the price of an MIA, I would seriously consider it.

As for the neck, it will be different than the MIA. The '57 neck is a 7.25" radius neck and I'm pretty sure the MIA are 9.5".

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

We're waiting to see the photos!!!!!

Comment

That's right, the radius on the AV series Fenders are 7.25". I never played the 57 but I did plat a 62 AVRI once and I thought it sounded a little more strat-like than the Am Series I've owned. I like the neck on the Am Series better because they strings don't fret out when you do those bluesy bends. The Am Series also have hum cancellation in the notch positions which the AVRIs don't have, IIRC. Too bad they don't make a lefty AVRI with 9.5" radius. If you get a good deal on it, try it.

Comment

Tried it, liked it, bought it !

I'll make a new thread in the southpaw showroom...

Bart

Comment

Right here...

Comment

Working...
                    X