Which amp do you like best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which amp do you like best?

ok so just wondering which amps you guys like better.

-marshall
    -krank
    -peavey
    -line 6
    -fender
    Krank
    4.76%
    Marshall
    23.81%
    Peavey
    38.10%
    Line 6
    9.52%
    Fender
    23.81%
    HUCK
    Marshall AVT Valvestate 200(275watt)

I have limited experience, but Peavey has never let me down. My bedroom amp is a XXX 40 FX combo that rocks. The guitarist in my old band had the half-stack with the head that had the logo that changed colors when u switched channels, it had gain for days. I also loved the 5150.

My only Marshall experience was my valvestate half stack, which was ok but not great. My absolute favorite and versatile amp is my Carvin X100B.

Comment

That's a bit of vague question. The fan boy in me is gonna say Krank.

They all make some good sounding amps. A couple I like.

Marshall JCM800 2204
      Krank Krankenstein
      Peavey 5150/6505/3120
      Line-6 (Lol, IDK, they make some cool stuff)
      Fender (Ok, I don't like Fenders... Scratch that, I hate Fenders. It's a personal narrow-minded thing...)

Comment

nice. i got a Marshall Avt Valvestate 2000 combo and i love it! iv played on a few line 6 spiders and there pretty good for effects, but for that great metal sound i like Marshall and Krank
        HUCK

Comment

Some other companies.

Orange (Don't know why I like them. I'm really not into the Brit style. The TT sound great though! I'd like to get one, and run a Parametric EQ in front of it. Like the Furman PQ4. Something that will also throw a little gain in the line to kick the amp over the edge.)

Laney LX120, GH100TI (The LX is a great sounding SS head! Scoops really well. Cheap also... The Tony Iommi is just a BEAST! It doesn't really have a clean lol. It is just super-mega-distortion!)

Bugera 6262 (Bite me, it's a nice sounding amp! It is really a 6505, to the next distortion level. Great voicing, and has a great clean to go with it)

Madison Prophecy (Kinda like the LX120. Scoops well, and has a great SS sound. At $550 its a bit expensive for a import SS though...)

Randall RG100 ES, RG100 HT, RG100 ES XP, RG80 ES, Century 170, Century 200, Titan, Cyclone, Warhead, Warhead X2, V2 Ninja (You see a theme?)

Mesa Boogie NOMAD 100 (Great sound, unlike most Mesa's.)

Dean Dime Blacktooth (Pretty much a RG100 ES. They brought the guy who designed the ES in, and Grady Champion (Dimebag Darrell's guitar tech) to make sure the amp was voiced right.)

I know I'm forgetting a bunch I like, but it is a start. I'm not really into boutique amps. I just could never justify paying that much for a amp, so I don't really bother looking at them.

Comment

Originally posted by leftyflip10 View Post
            ok so just wondering which amps you guys like better.

-marshall
            -krank
            -peavey
            -line 6
            -fender
            No option for Vox ?

Comment

I have a Vox Amplug lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthpawGuy View Post
                No option for Vox ?
                i didnt put all brands of amps on here,i was just wondering cuz i want a new one
                HUCK

Comment

Originally posted by Altec View Post
                  I have a Vox Amplug lol.

How is the amplug? I've been interested in buying one.

I've never played on a Krank amp, but I've heard very disappointing amps from all thos manufacturers.

Comment

I have a TSL100. I liked it but I grew tired of it. I then switched to a JSX which I like better but I still think there is something out there that is my dream amp.

joe....

Comment

Marshall.

I'm a whore for the JCM900 SL-X in any wattage. The quantities in my house illustrate that. I also like the JCM900 MkIII 2502 for some really fat bluesy tones. The 2203KK is awesome for its intended purpose.

I'm getting my six year old an MG250DFX sometime soon. It'll compliment his BCR Kerry King V quite well and I won't have to worry any tube issues when he just walks up and turns on his amp.

Fender Twins and Blues Deluxes for true blues tones and a Fender M80Chorus, original run with the gray carpeting. It and my son's Randall RX20D are currently the only SS amps in the house. Looking to get a 1959RR, a 1992LEM for my wife, and maybe a Slash or Jimi sig; dunno yet about those.

I like the ballsy tone of the Peavey XXX, but don't own it; my brother does. Never needed anything other than Marshalls and Fender Tweeds or Twins.

Comment

Originally posted by thirtythree View Post
                        How is the amplug? I've been interested in buying one.

I've never played on a Krank amp, but I've heard very disappointing amps from all thos manufacturers.
                        Its not bad. Got a good sound out of it. I have the AC30 one, and its got a very clear sound. Even with the gain all the way up.

They are good for practicing, or farting around. I tried using it as a preamp, and run it into my computer, but doesn't sound to great if you were gonna try that. Not like it was made to though...

Comment

I just love me some Marshall or Marshall clones :dime:

Comment

I have a Line 6 Spider Valve 112, it's a 40w tube that has a hell of a good tone for the price (it was around $700) but the built in distortion is not the greatest thing so I use a lot of pedals, but it gets the job done and it's surprisingly loud.
                            Schecter Blackjack ATX fr
                            Epiphone LP100
                            Spider Valve 112 Amp
                            Custom Tele w/ EMG's in progress

Comment

I used to have a Fender Red Knob series twin. real nice amp, but way to ehavy for gigging to carry around, and I had stopped doing the band thing and it sat around the house colecting dust, so i got rid of it. I ended up buying a line 6 spider III 75 watt combo which was ok, but once I got back into the band thing, I tried it out, and I felt so limited with it and the distortions on the dang amp to me sounded all sterile except for the variac crunch, I ended up trading that amp in for my telecaster. I decided to go with a Peavey amp, and wow, I was blowna way at how great this amp is. I now own a Peavey Bandit 112 transtube, and for the price comparison to the line 6 spider 75, the peavey just blows away the line 6. I strictly use my peavey now in the band, and that amp sure cuts through the band so nicely. our other guiatr player has a Marshall, which is nice, but to me, I prefer my Peavey Bandit amp any day. I just have to say that peavey amps just downright rock!

Comment

Working...
                              X