Music Man John Petrucci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Man John Petrucci

Anyone have a John Petrucci model? I'm not interested in getting one. I just noticed that Drum City have a bunch of them and everytime I go on the site there's more. Seems like a risk to me to buy so many of one persons signature guitars.

I believe Jesse the admin has one. They're fantastic guitars... if you can trump up the $ for one. There was a lot of pandering for years on the EB/MM forum for one so I suspect they're quite popular for lefties in the know.

Comment

Have one and love it . The lowest action I have ever had on a guitar. I am going to raise it soon. Too low for me. Sound wise, Love the humbucker sound but not it's single coil sound. I like the Axis Super Sport best sound wise but love the JP neck.

Comment

I have a JP6, pictures in the gallery section of lgt.com. It is an amazing guitar, only bested by my N4. I really want to get a JP7 now.

Assumer, what do you mean the single coil sound? Is there a coil tap I didn't notice?

Comment

I have a JP6, Axis SuperSport and the Silhouette. I love the tone I get from the Axis however the neck is rather fat for my short fingers. I prefer the neck profile on the Silhouette, it's thinner that the ASS and a little more flat, close to some of my older Charvel guitars. The JP6 is in the middle for me although the piezo gives some really cool accoustic sounds. If I have to purchase another again, I would go for the Silhouette. Regardless, the MusicMan line is a very good quality built guitar, everyone should have just 1. The only other model they have is the Luke and I suspect it's a great guitar as well.

joe...
          Last edited by GodWentPunk; 03-19-2010, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
            I have a JP6, pictures in the gallery section of lgt.com. It is an amazing guitar, only bested by my N4. I really want to get a JP7 now.

Assumer, what do you mean the single coil sound? Is there a coil tap I didn't notice?
            Actually meant the middle position with one coil from each humbucker unless I am mistaken. I want to set it up with a bridge hum, both hum, neck hum and a coil tap to get the single sounds. Don't you love the neck on that thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Assumer View Post
              Actually meant the middle position with one coil from each humbucker unless I am mistaken. I want to set it up with a bridge hum, both hum, neck hum and a coil tap to get the single sounds. Don't you love the neck on that thing?
              I do love it, I might consider a bridge pickup swap if I had to change anything about the guitar. I have small hands with huge bear fingers so the neck fits me perfectly. the piezo system sounds incredible and the stealth floating trem is much better than I would have imagined.

Comment

Anyone wants to ship me theirs to try out? I'll send it back...... I promise

Comment

Working...
                X