My Epiphone Amp is fucked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Epiphone Amp is fucked

I have a ten year old 100 watt Epiphone amp that I got really on sale when the Long and McQuade chain opened their Brampton store. As I said, it was pretty inexpensive, and it lasted ten years so I've got no complaints, but now it's dying, and I need a new amp.

So, any suggestions? I only play at home, so I really don't need 100 watts worth. But I want something good. What would you suggest?

Maybe a Fender Blues Jr. ? Or do you want more crunch out of your new amp?
    Just posted in backstage about a new amp by Ibanez, check it out.
    Last edited by AllroyPA; 03-10-2010, 05:44 PM.
    Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

I am going to suggest the Fender Super Champ XD. A great little amp that has many features and is 15 watts. Should be more than enough for noodling around the house.

I picked a used one up recently with a footswitch and cover for $200, so it won't break the bank either.

Good Luck in your quest.

Comment

+1 on that, crawdaddy's right on with the XD. Nice little amp.
        Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
          +1 on that, crawdaddy's right on with the XD. Nice little amp.
          Man us lefties all think alike. I was going to +1 you on the Blues Jr. I've been keeping my eyes on CL looking for one.

Comment

I played one of the Fender XD amps at a local Mom and Pop store. It really is a great sounding little amp. If you are a home player it is an absolute no brainer.

I went through all the different sounds and it can do everything from jazz to hard rock and all points in between. Even new the price isn't going to break the bank.

PeAce

Comment

Pretty much any good tube amp.

Carvin Bel Air or an old, used MTS3212 (you can switch down to 50 watts).

Comment

VOX AC4TV is a sweet amp. You can get a combo (make sure to get the 10") or a top&cab 1*12". It's 4W fulltube (EL84, 12AX7), power switchable to 1W and even 0,25W. The 4W was plenty loud for me when I testdrove it. It's got that real chimey VOX sound many like in the AC30. Plus it looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay kewl;
                va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
                Originally posted by chilton
                Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
                www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Olav View Post
                  VOX AC4TV is a sweet amp. You can get a combo (make sure to get the 10") or a top&cab 1*12". It's 4W fulltube (EL84, 12AX7), power switchable to 1W and even 0,25W. The 4W was plenty loud for me when I testdrove it. It's got that real chimey VOX sound many like in the AC30. Plus it looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay kewl;
                  I want one real bad. The lack of reverb is only thing holds me back. And replentishing the musical funds..lol

Comment

I want one real bad. The lack of reverb is only thing holds me back. And replentishing the musical funds..lol
                    Would you prefer the combo or the 'stack'?

not offering... calm down
                    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
                    Originally posted by chilton
                    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
                    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Might i add the blackstar ht series? (i'm currently gassing for the ht studio 20 head myself... (drools)

Comment

Originally posted by Olav View Post
                        Would you prefer the combo or the 'stack'?
                        not offering... calm down
                        Just the combo for the ease of moving it room to room. But the 10 inch, not the 8.
                        ... add the Vox Night Train ...
                        ...Marshall Class 5
                        Last edited by AllroyPA; 03-12-2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Cost

Um, yes. Cost is an issue. In theory I could spend a fair amount, but my conscience would get on my ass about it, I'd feel guilty, and I wouldn't use it. So I want something that isn't too expensive, but gives decent tone. I play folk, so I don't get into effects at present.

Comment

Vox AC4TV costs 250, Fender Super Champ XD costs 300 ... so those two or try the Fender Vibro Champ at 200 ... would be your best bets...

Comment

Vox AC4TV costs 250, Fender Super Champ XD costs 300 ... so those two or try the Fender Vibro Champ at 200 ... would be your best bets...
                              Local store was pushing the Roland Cube at me, any comments?

Comment

Working...
                              X