New guy on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy on the block

Hi everyone. I guess I qualify as the new man on the block. I see a couple names that I already know so please don't believe what they say about me!! Cuz it's probably all true. I'm from Southern California, the land of the true "Shake, rattle and roll". At 59 I've been playing off and on for over 40 years. Sure wish that I played like I've been doing it that long. I generally play for my own pleasure these days. I did have the good fortune to play in bands in the hayday of rock bands, the 70's. Hopefully, I'll be able to make some great friends here over time.

Just to let ya know how I found ya, I came here from the Agile Guitar Forum, one of the guys there had a link to this site.

By the way, I've added some photos of the music family to my album. Have a look if you would like.
    Last edited by bob_amos; 04-10-2010, 10:57 AM.

Now... what kind of nickname is that?
    Hiya Bob, good to see you! I know you'll enjoy yourself here (just about) as much as you did on AGF.
    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
    Originally posted by chilton
    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Welcome Bob.
      http://soundcloud.com/djxer0

Comment

Holy smokes and holy amps too Bob ~! Welcome.
        ~Bob(Allroy)
        Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Welcome and you will never be left alone here .

Comment

Thanks guy for the welcome. Never be LEFT alone? Gotta love that turn on words...

Amps? What amps? I only have a few..... Actually, I purchased about 30 Fender warrantee returns and picked out one of each model that I got and repaired them and added them to my collection. I later added a few others that were warrantee returns from a lady I know that did that for a living. I also have one amp that was used at Fender to develope the specs sheet. I have a good friend that is in managament at Fender and he found it sitting in a corner at their Scottsdale headquarters. He also had the guys at Corona build me a custom lefty Telecaster from prototype parts.

I'm looking forward to some interesting, and NOT backwards, conversations with the guya and gals around here.

Comment

Wellcome to the forum Bob. Is Amos your real last name? (Are you by any chance related to Tori Amos, the famous singer?)
              "NO, I don't build left handed guitars! I think left handed people are freaks and should not even play the guitar."

Words by a famous luthier when asked by me for a custom left handed instrument quote.

"Great man, you are brilliant! So your stupid ass thinks that Hendrix should have never played the guitar?!"

My reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotsulas View Post
                Wellcome to the forum Bob. Is Amos your real last name? (Are you by any chance related to Tori Amos, the famous singer?)

Oh, ya mean Sis?

At least that is what my kids told all of their friends. Naw... I'm not related to anyone famous. Actually, I don't know if I have ever heard her songs. If I have, and probably have, I did not even know it. I am aware of who she is but that's about it. Who knows, if I traced my family tree I might find that I am. But I'm afraid to do that because I may find that I'm related to someone like Gengus Kahn.

Oh yeah, yes my last name is Amos.
                Last edited by bob_amos; 04-11-2010, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Welcome home, nice amps...

Comment

Greetings!

Comment

Welcome bro. Sounds like you are an amp guru? Good to have around here!!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I'm feelin' right at home.
                        Last edited by bob_amos; 04-19-2010, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Hey Bob,

Welcome to the forum. We might be a small group but we're fun...and that's all that matters, right?

joe...

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPunk View Post
                            Hey Bob,

Welcome to the forum. We might be a small group but we're fun...and that's all that matters, right?

joe...

Joe, You got that one "dead on"! It's all about the fun.... And being with ones own kind. (lefties)

Comment

Working...
                            X