Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blanket here

Hello everyone.

I'm a lefty who has been playing on-and-off for the past 15 years, though my skill level plateaued at a very rudimentary level around 10 years ago. With the style of music I like to play, however, that's not a problem (more on that in a minute).

I bought my first guitar in college (a righty 1966 Guild S-50 Jetstar that I had modified to play lefty), and got an acoustic (1997 Seagull S6 cedar top dreadnaught) a few years later. I don't think the Guild was converted to play lefty very well, so I don't find myself playing it as much as my born-lefty Seagull. In fact, last year I picked up a second Godin lefty acoustic -- an Art & Lutherie dreadnaught -- because the Seagull's neck was a bit too wide for my hands, and I mostly play variations on barre chords.

That gets me up to the present. My playing is fairly rudimentary, but the music I am most attracted to and try to emulate is somewhat rudimentary as well. I listen mostly to indie/90s alternative music, as well as some power-pop classic rock (Beatles, Velvet Underground, Big Star, Jonathan Richman, Kinks). My favorite electric guitar style/tone comes from acts like the Pixies, Breeders, Guided By Voices, PJ Harvey, Strokes, etc.

Planning to get my first new electric in 15 years real soon: an Agile AL-2000 Goldtop w/P90s.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

And thanks to Olav for introducing me to this place!

Hi Blanket, welcome to the LGTf. Hope you'll enjoy your stay as much as you seemed to do over at AGF. Still; welcome HOME now buddy!
    About getting your first new guitar since 15 yrs; be warned! I was there two years ago. I now own 4 'new' guitars. If and when you get yourself that GT, be sure to post a heap 'o' pics.
    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
    Originally posted by chilton
    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Welcome Blanket... Don't worry about your playing skills, I'm very rudimentary also. I play for my own relaxation and enjoyment.

You will find a very diverse group here.

Hey Olav: when are you going to ask the boss for a raise??? With the recruiting you're doing, you should be getting at least 20% off the top... Let see, 20% of nothing is!!!!!

Comment

Well, I don't usually make blanket statements , but welcome on behalf of all of us!!!

Comment

Welcome and enjoy~!
          Can't wait to see some gold-top come out of one of your posts one day soon
          P.S. Guilty of liking too many types of music including 80's indie rock ..
          Last edited by AllroyPA; 03-16-2010, 06:02 PM.
          Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

and the same from one of the lefty bassplyers in the group
            Resident Charvel/Jackson Freak

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Working...
            X