Fuzz Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuzz Pedals

I'm adding to the rig and I decided that a very fuzzy fuzz pedal would compliment things. I don't like subtle, so the ones I have been eying are:

MXR La Machine
    EH Octavix
    Dunlop Jimi Octavio
    Mastrotron

Any thoughts? I like a very pronounced "velcro" buzz/fuzz. They're all good and my preference is jumping back and forth every time I watch videos. I was originally going with the EH OpAmp Big Muff but it's not as buzzy as I want this effect to me.

Zvex Fuzz Factory
    Originally posted by metalchurch
    I had my ball sack appraised one time.
    Originally posted by metalchurch
    ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

With that description, a Tonebender circuit is bound to hit the spot.

Comment

off to youtube I go!

Man there are a lot of cool fuzz pedals out there. It's a bid overwhelming to be honest.

Comment

off to youtube I go!

Man there are a lot of cool fuzz pedals out there. It's a bid overwhelming to be honest.

edit: tonebender definitely sounds amazing
          Jesse
          Admin Lefty
          Last edited by Jesse; 11-26-2019, 08:58 AM.

Comment

also check the Sub Machine adds sub octive, gets heavy
            i like Supro Fuzz, La Machine, & Fuzzface Band of Gypsys model ,,, and the staple Big Muff
            Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

so many options, I'm paralyzed by indecision

Comment

There are SOOO many options. There are only so many different fuzz variants. Find the type you want, fuzz face, tonebender, octavia, etc. Then just find one you like the looks of. You can do anything from buy a Cornish and spend $4,000 or buy a Joyo and spend $20. I'd go somewhere in the middle.

If you ever want I can build you one of my octavias. Save you the headache of buying one.

Comment

There are SOOO many options. There are only so many different fuzz variants. Find the type you want, fuzz face, tonebender, octavia, etc. Then just find one you like the looks of. You can do anything from buy a Cornish and spend $4,000 or buy a Joyo and spend $20. I'd go somewhere in the middle.

If you ever want I can build you one of my octavias. Save you the headache of buying one.

Comment

I am not an authority on Tonebenders, but I did get one a while back. JHS Firefly, pretty cool pedal. I may let it go at some point, as I am more of a Muff fanatic!

Well, who isn't?

Comment

the pricing on some of these boutique pedals, yikes

Comment

More Muff than fuzz but this is one of my favourite allround pedals, from Gilmour to sky high the the Musket is a killer pedal.
                        These guys have gone out of business ( Blackout Effectors ) I think but still see them for sale & each pedal has a handpainted mural by the builder in back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                          the pricing on some of these boutique pedals, yikes

You definitely want to stay away from anything by Spaceman, then...

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback55 View Post
                            More Muff than fuzz but this is one of my favourite allround pedals, from Gilmour to sky high the the Musket is a killer pedal.
                            These guys have gone out of business ( Blackout Effectors ) I think but still see them for sale & each pedal has a handpainted mural by the builder in back.
                            That's too bad. They had some cool pedals. I always wanted the Fuzz Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback55 View Post
                              That's too bad. They had some cool pedals. I always wanted the Fuzz Bear.

Comment

Working...
                              X