Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I remove solder from a board-mounted switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you want an exercise in frustration, or have two extra hands I don't know about, I wouldn't bother with non-powered.

You can buy bulbs that have no heat, so you have to heat it up with the iron. That is what you don't want. You want the iron with the bulb on the end.

Comment

Okay! Mission accomplished! I remembered I had a second pair of pliers, so I was able to break the old switch apart without excessive force. I had no idea those switches are filled with grease. That made a bit of a mess, but no biggie. From there I was able to remove the lugs individually. The hardest part was wicking all of the remaining solder away from the holes to get the new swich in, but with a little patience and cleverness, I got it in.

Now, for the first time, I have a working wah pedal. I bought this thing like 12 years ago. From day one, the switch never worked properly, so I threw it in the basement and left it to collect dust. Well, a few months ago I had a hankerin' to play with a wah, so I got it out and goofed with it a bit and decided to fix it. I only just now got around to it, though. It works perfectly, now!
      Resident Schecter fanboy - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain

This user has gone 130 days without purchasing a guitar.

Comment

Im a riddle so strong, you can't break me!
        We're non-profit.
        Hey, are you gonna eat that?

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch View Post
          Im a riddle so strong, you can't break me!
          What a great song

Comment

Working...
          X