Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar cables

Hey guys, I'm looking for a 10'-12' cable that has a straight end and a 90*
    I've been looking around but its been so long that I don't know what a good one would be. Any of you guys using something similar to what I'm looking for and could recommend?

I can't find my old one so I can't even tell you what brand it is. Right now I'm using an 8' Neutrik guitar cable that I soldered switchcraft ends on, and its a little bit too short...

Thanks
    We're non-profit.
    Hey, are you gonna eat that?

I don't really have particular brands I stick to. Honestly I've been using generic ones for the longest time - I've had Monster cables and other nice ones and they've been great, but I lose them / get them mixed up with other people's at gigs / possibly stolen. For some reason I can't keep track of them at all.

Only cables I ever had die on me or go bad were some cheaper cost Planet Waves cables about 10 years back, but the more expensive ones were good. I've had no problem with the Planet Waves custom kits, where you cut the length and attach the straight or angled heads yourself. Been using those for a couple years on my pedal board and to make custom length lines for my amp fx loop and input, no issues.

Also never actually had a generic brand cable go bad, maybe I'm lucky? Most have straight and angled connection options.

Comment

As of late, I've been using ProCo from Sweetwater Sound. Sturdy cables and they are very reasonably priced. With their lifetime warranty I don't need to worry about breaking and paying for replacement.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/QTR10A
      Originally posted by metalchurch
      Im all over this like a fat bitch grabbin the last slice of pizza.

Comment

Same thing for me, I used to use Monster gold cables but after replacing them on two different occasions I said screw it and got whatever the local store had in stock. I don't know if they were stolen or accidentally mixed up, but whatever the case it was I got tired of it.

Angel, those sounds very appealing, I'll check them out!
        Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it very much. Any other ideas, feel free!
        We're non-profit.

Comment

My buddy in Pittsburgh just texted me and told me to check out George L's cables. He said he just buys the kits they sell and makes his own.
          Here's a link
          http://www.georgelsstore.com/cables.html

I'm not really wanting to get into all that unless I have to. Was really just looking for something decent premade...
          We're non-profit.

Comment

I have a 10' Fender braided cable with a straight end and a 90' end and it's definitely high quality, I'd recommend looking into that

Comment

I am not the best person to ask since I don'the play out at all, but I have been using a Planet Waves Circuit Breaker cable for years. It has a kill switch on the plug, and the plugs are easily replaceable; just cut the end off, stick the plug on, and tighten the screw.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/DAddario-Plane...%257Ciid%253A4
              Resident Schecter fanboy - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain

This user has gone 130 days without purchasing a guitar.

Comment

I don't change cables very often, but in the past I've used planet waves cables, which I found to be great, and I've currently been using this monster cable for a while now:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ClasI12A

I strictly play at home though, so I can't comment on the durability for touring, but I've been using the same cable without any problems for several years now.

**EDIT** I should note that I got this cable while on sale a while back for maybe $15-20? How it compares at retail for $30 versus some of the $15 cables I don't know... they're probably pretty similar if you're just trying to save some $$.
                manini
                Caparison Freak
                Last edited by manini; 06-04-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Awesome thanks guys, definitely some great ideas being tossed around that I will look into. Appreciate it very much!
                  We're non-profit.

Comment

I always buy LiveWires or Monster from GC simply because if they break you can return them and get another one.
                    I had my ball sack appraised one time.
                    ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by lostinthemasses View Post
                      I always buy LiveWires or Monster from GC simply because if they break you can return them and get another one.
                      Yeah considering that, Monsters are probably well worth it. I just always lose the damn things lol.

Comment

I prefer Live Wires to Monster simply because Monster's seem more likely to get stolen.
                        I had my ball sack appraised one time.
                        ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

For boutique cables I use Evidence Audio. Once I switched over you can A/B and hear the difference. My wife even heard the difference in a blind test between brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiftpoint View Post
                            For boutique cables I use Evidence Audio. Once I switched over you can A/B and hear the difference. My wife even heard the difference in a blind test between brands.
                            That is very true and some guys will actually go through a bunch just to find that certain tone, because that's without a doubt the fastest and easiest way to sculp your sound. Women are the best for an impartial assessment aren't they? That's awesome!! I like getting Joan involved at any chance I can actually.

I'm actually considering going wireless so if anyone wants to throw some options down, by all means go right ahead. Or start a new thread devoted to wireless systems, since this one is about cables... Either way all is good and my ears are open for ideas and suggestions, and I'm sure it will be helpful to many others as well.
                            We're non-profit.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftyLV426 View Post
                              Yeah considering that, Monsters are probably well worth it. I just always lose the damn things lol.
                              I lose cables a lot too and tried cheap options. The thing is, having a beautiful guitar and not having a good cable, you might as well be playing a crap guitar. I used Planet Waves and have had no problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X