Guitars with Jon Way announces LEFTY CONVENTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitars with Jon Way announces LEFTY CONVENTION

Guitars with Jon Way announces the first Lefty Convention.
    This event will take place in Plymouth, MA on Friday 2/1 through Sunday 2/3 which is the first weekend in February of 2013.

This will be a small intimate setting where we can share, listen, trade, buy, sell, and enjoy other fellow lefty collectors. The venue will be open to the Lefty Convention participants only for the whole weekend. Plan on bringing a selection of your collection with you.

The cost of the event will be $294 per guitarist with an option to bring a significant other for an additional $85. The fee will include 2 nights lodging, all meals, and an introduction cocktail party Friday evening. The intimate venue is located on the ocean and features an indoor pool and hot tub.

There are only 22 spots available for this first time event. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.
    A deposit of $100 will reserve your room and a spot in the convention. Itineraries will be sent to those depositing. PayPal: [email protected]

Any questions, please use this forum.
    Jesse will be informed as the numbers increase, and when we reach capacity.

This is going to be an awesome event. I'm in, so that leaves 21 spots available. Hope to see you there.

Count me in for sure!! This is going to be a blast......
    blah blah blabbidy blah

Comment

OK
      Adam's in. That leaves 20 spots available.

Comment

What's the itinerary? What's actually involved?

I'd hate to drop $300 just to meet a handful of lefties and catch crabs in the pool at the John Carver or Governor Bradford Inn. Will there be lefty centric or local vendors? A place to play and demo gear?

Is this venture for-profit, or do tickets simply cover accommodations, function room, food, and materials?

Comment

Originally posted by ArrowHead View Post
          What's the itinerary? What's actually involved?

I'd hate to drop $300 just to meet a handful of lefties and catch crabs in the pool at the John Carver or Governor Bradford Inn. Will there be lefty centric or local vendors? A place to play and demo gear?

Is this venture for-profit, or do tickets simply cover accommodations, function room, food, and materials?
          This is the first convention of it's kind. We have secured the entire facility for our purposes which is to meet, share, trade, sell and converse with other lefty collectors. If you would like to meet 21 other lefty guitar players/collectors and share part of your collection while enjoying the collections of 21 other people then this is for you.

I'll be bringing 4 combo amps, and others will be providing amps as well. So plenty of stuff to play through. There may be a dealer in attendance, but I think the convention would be better served through private collections. The event is non profit, and covers the rooms, food, drinks, and materials.

Comment

Is there a reason in particular for the chosen date, right in the middle on winter?

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic_ape View Post
              Is there a reason in particular for the chosen date, right in the middle on winter?
              A couple of reasons. It's right after the NAMM show in January, and so any lefty dealer attending may have new product to show, and usually the winter weekends are free on a lot of people's schedule.
              The other reason was to keep the cost down, as an oceanfront venue is pricey in the "good" season months. We chose this location also, because with this specific number of people we can literally take the whole place. No one without a lanyard and pass is getting in.

Comment

I won't make it, but good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by chilton View Post
                  I won't make it, but good luck!
                  I understand. I'll talk to Jessie about posting a bunch of pictures and possibly some videos from the event.

Comment

A few observations:

1) Give an itinerary. The idea that one must put a deposit to know what you've planned is strange. Especially if it's the first of it's kind, it makes it more important to explain EXACTLY what it is.
                    2) Disclose the venue. Far too many of the local seaside shitholes can be called "intimate", when in reality they're disgusting crack den motels in shitty neighborhoods. Putting a down payment on a room sight unseen is nothing I advise around here.

The complete lack of details makes me uneasy. I love meeting lefties, but I'm not going to spend money to drive down the street and see less guitars than are hanging in my living room while awkwardly talking with 10 dudes with nothing but their handed-ness in common. Now if there were some activities, demos, local vendors we could interact with, local attractions (musical), and some description of the facilities (where will you play? Can you fit 22 men and gear? Can you turn up? Will there be a drummer? PA? Is it a jam, a demo, or a show and tell?)

The idea is great, but the presentation isn't going to garner much interest without more information, I'm afraid.
                    Last edited by ArrowHead; 06-13-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

A few observations:

1) Give an itinerary. The idea that one must put a deposit to know what you've planned is strange. Especially if it's the first of it's kind, it makes it more important to explain EXACTLY what it is.
                      2) Disclose the venue. Far too many of the local seaside shitholes can be called "intimate", when in reality they're disgusting crack den motels in shitty neighborhoods. Putting a down payment on a room sight unseen is nothing I advise around here.

The complete lack of details makes me uneasy. I love meeting lefties, but I'm not going to spend money to drive down the street and see less guitars than are hanging in my living room while awkwardly talking with 10 dudes with nothing but their handed-ness in common. Now if there were some activities, demos, local vendors we could interact with, local attractions (musical), and some description of the facilities (where will you play? Can you fit 22 men and gear? Can you turn up? Will there be a drummer? PA? Is it a jam, a demo, or a show and tell?)

The idea is great, but the presentation isn't going to garner much interest without more information, I'm afraid.
                      22 dudes....all with their left hands ready to play....in an intimate seaside setting with indoor pool and hottub. Sounds kind of romantic.
                      I like pointy guitars.

Comment

A few observations:

Lefty Convention
                        Dates: Friday 2/1/2013 –Sunday 2/3/2013
                        Location: Pilgrim Sands on Warren Avenue in Plymouth, MA
                        Friday:
                        Check in: 3pm-7pm
                        Everyone receives a lanyard and pass. This is the only way into the building.
                        I’ll be checking guitars in with everyone for security purposes.
                        7pm: Introduction cocktail party. Beer and wine, soda, coffee, tea, pizza, snacks
                        A good ice breaker for the weekend
                        Saturday:
                        7-9: Continental Breakfast
                        9-12: Opening of rooms and introduction. Show and tell of instruments. I will be bringing 50 guitars from my collection, and I suggest no less then 6 with a cap of around 15 per guitarist. As we have the whole facility to ourselves that weekend, we have the foyer, the function room, and all the hotel rooms to view, play, and discuss guitars.
                        12: lunch - brought in sandwiches, chip, sodas, waters, coffee, and tea
                        1-2: finishing the introduction of guitars
                        2-6: Once everyone has seen all of the guitars, we can begin to trade, sell, buy, and enjoy more test driving of the instruments.
                        6-7: free time or getting ready for dinner
                        7: Dinner at Bert’s Landing. We will have a private room and will enjoy a sit down dinner together. As this oceanfront restaurant is directly next to the Pilgrim Sands anyone can enjoy a drink or two without thinking about driving.
                        8:30 or so: A drummer and bass player along with PA system will be at our disposal for test driving guitars. My 50 will be available, and I hope others are feeling the same way. We have musicians and PA for the whole weekend, and with the different spaces available we could play if you wish most of the weekend.
                        Sunday:
                        7-10: Continental Breakfast
                        I would like to introduce a forum while we are there. I’ll discuss some of the topics with Jesse.
                        We can continue to play, trade and enjoy each others company until 2pm
                        2: Checkout
                        I hope you have the opportunity to participate in this hopefully annual event. We plan on having a couple of raffles, so a few of you will be leaving with case stands, etc.
                        I hope this sheds more light on the event and hope to meet you there.

Comment

Ohhh This could be an awesome Father's Day Gift.......hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by JonWay View Post

I will be bringing 50 guitars from my collection
                            Raises eyebrows .....

Comment

Originally posted by JonWay View Post
                              Lefty Convention
                              Dates: Friday 2/1/2013 –Sunday 2/3/2013
                              Location: Pilgrim Sands on Warren Avenue in Plymouth, MA
                              Friday:
                              Check in: 3pm-7pm
                              Everyone receives a lanyard and pass. This is the only way into the building.
                              I’ll be checking guitars in with everyone for security purposes.
                              7pm: Introduction cocktail party. Beer and wine, soda, coffee, tea, pizza, snacks
                              A good ice breaker for the weekend
                              Saturday:
                              7-9: Continental Breakfast
                              9-12: Opening of rooms and introduction. Show and tell of instruments. I will be bringing 50 guitars from my collection, and I suggest no less then 6 with a cap of around 15 per guitarist. As we have the whole facility to ourselves that weekend, we have the foyer, the function room, and all the hotel rooms to view, play, and discuss guitars.
                              12: lunch - brought in sandwiches, chip, sodas, waters, coffee, and tea
                              1-2: finishing the introduction of guitars
                              2-6: Once everyone has seen all of the guitars, we can begin to trade, sell, buy, and enjoy more test driving of the instruments.
                              6-7: free time or getting ready for dinner
                              7: Dinner at Bert’s Landing. We will have a private room and will enjoy a sit down dinner together. As this oceanfront restaurant is directly next to the Pilgrim Sands anyone can enjoy a drink or two without thinking about driving.
                              8:30 or so: A drummer and bass player along with PA system will be at our disposal for test driving guitars. My 50 will be available, and I hope others are feeling the same way. We have musicians and PA for the whole weekend, and with the different spaces available we could play if you wish most of the weekend.
                              Sunday:
                              7-10: Continental Breakfast
                              I would like to introduce a forum while we are there. I’ll discuss some of the topics with Jesse.
                              We can continue to play, trade and enjoy each others company until 2pm
                              2: Checkout
                              I hope you have the opportunity to participate in this hopefully annual event. We plan on having a couple of raffles, so a few of you will be leaving with case stands, etc.
                              I hope this sheds more light on the event and hope to meet you there.

Knowing this, I'll consider going, although I don't know my schedule for school and sadly, I might not be able to attend. I definitely would like to see pictures and videos of the show and tell.
                              Originally posted by metalchurch
                              Im all over this like a fat bitch grabbin the last slice of pizza.

Comment

Working...
                              X