New forum: Supporting Vendors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New forum: Supporting Vendors

Please see the new forum and announcement I just posted globally. Thanks everyone

Jesse, the other lefty forum has established a voluntary donation of 1% for purchases made through the forum. Maybe you should include this option for people here, too. I'd be glad to contribute this way, too. Just set up a PayPal account!

I always wondered how come you haven't done this before. I commend you for establishing this forum and for giving us the opportunity to interact this way. I bet there are other lefties who would be honored to contribute with a couple of bucks to help pay for the upkeep of this wonderful place.

Comment

I've got a question for you, Jesse.

Does clicking on the ads that are near the top of the page actually give you more of a return/more money for the site?
      Good Deals on LGT with:
      Jesse
      mdrorick
      lefthandhunter
      Mr.9 Fingers
      theplystory
      abadonae
      LeftyParasite
      Lefty6string
      espfreak
      IbanezGuy

Comment

I've gotten $200 total from the click ads on top thus far (I think it's been like 1.5 years since I had it). I'm not going to accept donations from members at this time. If I think of something special, like a "premium" membership with something that would actually make it worth it....then maybe (for example, the 350z forum has some hidden forums for premium members). As of now, I just want to break even on stuff and keep the site running indefinitely and be able to fix things when they go wrong (like malware warnings, etc.).

Comment

Jesse your a stand up dude! But in the spirit of fun why not do an annual guitar raffle like we did in 2011?

Comment

That's a good idea!

Comment

financially i would be willing help this site in anyway. a big thanks to jesse and the banhammer olav!!
              Good deals with MetalDaze(x3),Schrismer,Feezesuckah(x2),Mizati20(x 2),Jesse,Lefty52.

Comment

Originally posted by saufen View Post
                Jesse your a stand up dude! But in the spirit of fun why not do an annual guitar raffle like we did in 2011?
                +1 to that!

Originally posted by thepylestory View Post
                financially i would be willing help this site in anyway. a big thanks to jesse and the banhammer olav!!
                +1 to that too; count me amongst those who would be willing to help the site.

Hey, can I get my username changed? "online_auto_insurance" has a nice ring to it...
                I want to Rock and Roll all night... and part of every day

Originally posted by lostinthemasses
                You want some cocaine with that watermelon?

Comment

I think a lot of forums ask that venders donate a small portion of the sales to the site when they sell something.....

A raffle sounds good to me too. Need some venders to donate a guitar, amp, pedal(s) etc... that would be nice.
                  aka rolling56

Comment

Hmmm, vendors donating a guitar sounds too good to be true. At least for a guitar worth holding a raffle for.
                    I imagine some dealers/vendors on here are thinking up some exquisite ideas on how to increase views for the forum.
                    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
                    Originally posted by chilton
                    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
                    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

this is a few days old, but I too would like to help if the time ever comes where you find a solution that works for you Jesse. you've been gracious enough to provide us a great place, I can't think of a reason to not help keep it going!

Comment

^ I totally agree. If you are strapped for cash to pay the site/server up, let me know and I have no issue giving out cash so we all can enjoy this website.
                        Originally posted by metalchurch
                        Im all over this like a fat bitch grabbin the last slice of pizza.

Comment

Working...
                        X