Do we keep this site up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we keep this site up?

We're up for a yearly renewal but it seems like all real conversation has gone to Facebook groups and instagram. I really thought this place would have staying power but it seems like forums are going to a thing of the past eventually.

Curious as to what everyone here thinks.

I still check in to see if anything is for sale that I like, and I used to love the company here but most of those people left because of some here…. It’s unfortunate

Comment

I think much of the traffic slowed on this new platform especially with the loss of the group chat option that was on the former platform. I'm not an Instagram user but I would join the face book page if this one ceases to exist. I like to exchange ideas related to theory and guitar stuff with other musicians and left handed players.....I'm going to start adding more detail to my YouTube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTISRIGHT View Post
        I think much of the traffic slowed on this new platform especially with the loss of the group chat option that was on the former platform. I'm not an Instagram user but I would join the face book page if this one ceases to exist. I like to exchange ideas related to theory and guitar stuff with other musicians and left handed players.....I'm going to start adding more detail to my YouTube videos.
        Pretty much this. I do like having this site, and happy to contribute funds towards keeping it going. Always nice to chat with you guys but I know it's been quiet lately. I'm also to blame... I have an overdue NGD I need to post...

Comment

I would donate to help keep the site up as well if that’s what you decide to do-I’ve bought and sold here for years! It’s the least I could do..

Comment

I would vote to keep it up! It's a great place to buy an sell lefty guitars. Also, its got good international participation.

Comment

I really think this place could easily be replaced and benefit with a Discord server. It's legit like a real time message board and it's fantastic.

I'm in a few Discord servers for guitars / music / recording, etc and it's absolutely stellar.

I think there's a handful of us that are on here with the same intentions like LEFTISRIGHT stated beautifully and I think a Discord server would cover that with the free version.

For me, I'm not a fan of Facebook and I think the platform / user interaction is "meh" at best. Not to mention, there are like 10 lefty groups there.
              Last edited by pushead2; 03-18-2022, 03:11 PM.

Comment

It would be nice to communicate with each other in real time.......I use facetime with my iPhone to talk with my guitar buddies, anyway one of them suggested adding something to the site as a solution and sent me this link - HTML5 chat, get your own free webrtc html5 chat. Free webcam chat script (html5-chat.com)
                There are likely other similar platforms but something like this probably consumes a lot of time for some people to set up and maintain.

Comment

I agree.

I'm in a general guitar discord and the creator of it was talking about how they wanted the same thing - real time interaction.

Honestly, it's been fantastic.

Comment

I would also be willing to donate to keep this site running. As others have already suggested, I think with some updates and the addition of group chat and/or real time communication, this forum can once again be a very viable place to buy, sell, trade, share info, chat, etc.....Some of the coolest people I communicate with and/or have had transactions with on the facebook groups are members here. The facebook groups certainly serve a purpose (I mostly use them as free publicity to advertise my reverb listings) but there's a ton of weirdos, scammers and tire-kickers so I'd much rather spend my time in a place like this than be part of a dozen lefty facebook groups. And if it costs a nominal fee to keep spam bots, scammers and undesirables out then I'm all for it.

Comment

I know I sound like a broken record, but Discord can provide everything that has been stated and a ton more features.

Also, it's free.

Comment

sorry to have been MIA it's been a crazy few months (kids, buying a house, etc.). would anyone be interested in taking over the site?

Comment

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you that Instagram audience traffic has slowed down. In my opinion, now more users want to leave their accounts noticed. I mean commercial and amateur profiles. Even the empty accounts have become many times fewer lately. So for your child who wants to develop in this direction, it may be interesting to famoid.com. Because it is essentially one way to promote and attract an audience to their personality. Thanks to the increased number of likes, Instagram itself soon began to promote the account.
                          Last edited by touriafuji; 11-10-2022, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X