NAD Laney GH50R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD Laney GH50R

So after doing some experimenting and picking up a Carvin Legacy III, I ended up selling that and came across this Laney. I can honestly say I'm super impressed by it, especially for the price I was able to pick it up used. Great Marshall type sounds but obviously with the Laney flavor, rounder tone, a tad darker with a much bigger bottom end. You guys should definitely check one of these out if you're even considering getting a Marshall type amp in the JCM 800 style territory. Al Joseph has some great demos of this amp and is one of the main reasons I was so interested in picking one up!

I'm a big laney fan !
    Too often overlooked british sounding amps (and some good solid state ones too)

Comment

https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...50r-212-review
      Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Nice! I've always wanted to try one, never heard a bad thing about one!

Comment

bruh, over 5 minutes and not a sound demo? COME ONNNNN

Comment

Sorry man lol. I'll try when I have some time

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
              bruh, over 5 minutes and not a sound demo? COME ONNNNN
              He did say he was still learning the ways around the amp and the other guy shows it well ... damn Yankees ... lol
              AllroyPA
              East of Bumble Fu ..
              Last edited by AllroyPA; 04-08-2018, 01:46 PM.
              Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Originally posted by Shiftpoint View Post
                Sorry man lol. I'll try when I have some time
                Please do, I'd love to hear it

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                  Please do, I'd love to hear it
                  Just walked in the door and recorded this really quick. Audio is just from a camera mic in the room. My chops are completely cold so please be kind lol

Comment

I always wanted a VH100r, pretty sure the GH is a single channel version of that? Passed up on a few VH's for good deals on craigslist in the past, wish I had grabbed one.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftyLV426 View Post
                      I always wanted a VH100r, pretty sure the GH is a single channel version of that? Passed up on a few VH's for good deals on craigslist in the past, wish I had grabbed one.
                      Yea, the GH100L is a single channel version of the VH100R. Now they released this GH50R which is a different design from the GH100L. Not sure how different through as I never played the GH100L.

Comment

Thanks for the sound clip Nick! It's a very distinct tone, congrats!

Comment

On the Steve Vai Legacy III. Vai actually uses a Legacy I for live, and his tone is so freaking bright and brittle. The head may lack the "bite" you described because he's using a Fractal unit for his fx processing.

Love the audio clip in the next video! Great NGD.
                          Originally posted by metalchurch
                          Im all over this like a fat bitch grabbin the last slice of pizza.

Comment

Laney make some awesome amps I have an IRT Studio, 3 channel, clean, rhythm,lead & boost plus reverb all foot switchable & very impressed with the range of tones available. Congrats on the GH50R...

Comment

Working...
                            X