Lefty Bassplayers, tell us what you got

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lefty Bassplayers, tell us what you got

I'll start with some pics. ( Yes Jesse, I moved this post from your thread )

although I'm an old fuck and have had the chance to play thru many, many different rigs in 25 years tube and SS, for almost 10 years I used the Mesa400+, but it was just getting silly to haul a 80lb rack and 100lbs worth of cabinets around anymore:

SO I currently use this:

pretty simple rig still. The SHS amps are [email protected], and do a hell of a job @ 20lbs a piece. The Ganiac is for dist/clean and the Washburn is the EQ/Chorus/Compressor if necessary. ( The Behringer rack mixer is for stereo output and for blending in the Ganiac and the Washburn and anything else I want to hook up ) The final output can be used as both amps bridged mono into 2 cabs ( usually my 4x10 and 2x12 or 4 channels into 4 cabs because I have some 15" subs I bring on outdoor gigs..etc.etc...)

and here's a wider shot of the one wall in my jamroom:

the homemade 2x12 is my car box with 2-4ohm speakers in series to bring it back to 8ohms. I always likes the bass punch it gave, and still do to supplement the more midrangy 4x10. For outdoor shows where I know the PA won't cut it, I have 2 Peavy FLH-15's
    Resident Charvel/Jackson Freak

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Hartke Kickback 12 works fine for my novice choppin'
    ...also have a Digitec BP-200 for effects fun ... my Ibanez WH-10re-issue has a bass switch and can be wah for guitar or bass ...
    Attached Files
    Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

A GK700RBII with two aguilar 1x12s

Comment

well it has been a while since I posted. Being a bassplayer obviously I can't use a small combo or anything meant soley for a guitar, but from my pic of me using 2 SHS Chinese amps back in May...well I already blew one up ( it says 4ohm stable bridged -- ya right!! ), but nope..burned the circuit board to a crisp took the transformer out and threw it in the garbage. I didn't even cry because I bought both it "CHEAP"

I now use a Mackie 1400 and the working SHS is now just a backup. nice thing about the Mackies is the variable freq control for the crossover freq cutoff point..makes it a lot LOT better than a switch with only 2-3 cutoff freqs

probably the last amp I'll buy for a long time

Comment

Gallien-Krueger 700RBii with the Avatar TB153. Goes from clean to grindey and is relatively light. Pretty awesome if you ask me

Comment

wow zombie thread, but since it has been 2 years since I posted in it, why not do an update?

All that old heavy stuff is long gone. I use the lightweight rack now-a-days.

and that Hatke 4x10 in the old pics?, I still have ot but use 2 of them for most of the gigs I play.

and my main bass was back then, and still is my modded Charvel model2.

Comment

The headstock makes that bass 10000x times more awesome. What kind of bridge is that? a Kahler?

Comment

Holy Necropost!

Still, there's so much cool stuff in this thread, it's worth taking a stroll through it.
                va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
                Originally posted by chilton
                Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
                www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Well, I don't have a bass amp these days...although I'm thinking about an old Hartke, Sunn or possibly a new Ibanez Prometheus (or whatever they call it). My main bass is an Ibanez SR505L and I've also got a project Ibanez GSR100L that I plan on modding a little.
                  Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Buckethead… Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

Comment

In my bass playing days I had a Warwick Thumb 5, Ampeg Svt 3 pro, Ampeg 4x10, Ampeg 1x15. These days I have a Warwick Corvette 5, Fender Jazz, and an Ampeg 15 combo.
                    Good deals with MetalDaze(x3),Schrismer,Feezesuckah(x2),Mizati20(x 2),Jesse,Lefty52.

Comment

Originally posted by beneharris View Post
                      The headstock makes that bass 10000x times more awesome. What kind of bridge is that? a Kahler?
                      yes that is a Kahler 7410. I have a lot of righty units and a few very rare an unique stuff, but only play the leftys out on stage.

Comment

Awesome. Kahler makes a great trem.

Comment

Working...
                        X