Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone elso get a virus warning in their pm box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone elso get a virus warning in their pm box?

It was from someone named Guitarlady or something like that. It basically says that your computer has a virus and wants you to click on a link. I did NOT click on the link and deleted the message.

Just an FYI.

Yes it was from a [email protected] called AdminLady, the same spammer has been doing the same on other forums.

Comment

I deleted the user, I guess that is how they are getting around the new security around here....using PM's instead of posts. I'll keep an eye out I promise.

Comment

Disturbing...
        Fact remains they got a membership to begin with. This is not aimed at Jesse, let's make that clear but... How in hell do these jerkoffs get on board?
        va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
        Originally posted by chilton
        Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
        www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

I got it too! Good thing they're so obvious haha.

Comment

Adminlady - that douchebag!! I figured it was bullshit and didn't click on the link either, but I got nervous for a second there...

Comment

the only admins here are "Jesse", "Sonny" and "Wrench Devil"...not that those two have been on in 6 months

Comment

there is no virus on your computer, and I would have no way of knowing even if there was...obvious spam please ignore and I will delete when notified.

Comment

I got one to Jesse just tonight. User called ladyrootfix
                  Bill Griffith, Paramedic/Firefighter
                  terrible guitar player-hey I'm honest

Gear:
                  2009 Gibson SG Standard
                  2005 American Strat Standard fitted with OFR and Stellartone pot system. Candy Red.
                  Marshall JCM 800 2204
                  1960A
                  TS9

Good Deals with:
                  Kramerfan

Comment

...and another one from ManninBlackk;

Hello, friend. There are viruses' activities from your computer in last few days. Strongly recommend you to check your computer. You can find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it here: http://www.virus-total.net/detected/Olav
                    Thank you. Forum member.

can we get a :sigh: emoticon?
                    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

does spamming even pay off? I mean, really...who would actually purchase a product from this type of advertising

Comment

You know what? I used to get calls on my cell from jerkoffs trying to sell me lawn equipment and chainsaws and stuff (I'm in landscaping) and these guys are relentless. Pity that all they achieved is me getting my stuff at the competition.
                        So... no!
                        www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Working...
                        X