Unsafe site warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsafe site warning

Guys how come everytime I come to this site I get an unsafe site warning & my antivirus kicks in? No other site I go to does this any ideas? I use Opera & Nod32 Antivirus.

Can you get me a screenshot?

Comment

Had to take a photo of screen as it won't let me take a screenshot of that for some reason!

Comment

Hmm, it seems to be loading from another site from what that is saying.

Anybody else having this issue? I'm running through all the google diagnostics, and not seeing any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by beneharris View Post
          Hmm, it seems to be loading from another site from what that is saying.

Anybody else having this issue? I'm running through all the google diagnostics, and not seeing any issues.
          I just tried using Comodo Dragon browser & don't have the same issue it seems to be when I use Opera browser.

Comment

Stupid quesiton, but has it been a while since you've visited using Opera?

A while back we did have an issue with some malicious code being inserted, but I can't find anything recent. I have the host company doing a virus/code scan tomorrow, so check back in.

Comment

Originally posted by beneharris View Post
              Stupid quesiton, but has it been a while since you've visited using Opera?

A while back we did have an issue with some malicious code being inserted, but I can't find anything recent. I have the host company doing a virus/code scan tomorrow, so check back in.
              Mostly use Opera when visiting this site, I just looked up reasons for the warning & maybe no https on this site bringing up the warning with Opera?

Comment

No issues here on Firefox, chrome and safari

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                  No issues here on Firefox, chrome and safari
                  Same + I also use NOD32, and have never had any problems. Also just downloaded Opera and tried it as well. Again no issues. Maybe your computer is infected Flashback55?
                  Last edited by manini; 02-02-2018, 03:16 AM.

Comment

I cant remember if it was here or the Seymour Duncan Forum, but every once in a great while Ill get a "502-bad gateway" when logging off. It hasnt happened in a while, but when it does happen it does it almost everytime I visit and log off.

Aside from that this forum is one of the better ones as far as how smooth it runs because Ben and Jesse are usually on top of things as they arise.
                    We're non-profit.
                    Hey, are you gonna eat that?

Comment

As of today I'm getting a warning popup that the site is trying to use my browser to mine cryptocurrency, it lets me disallow the operation. I'm using Chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                        As of today I'm getting a warning popup that the site is trying to use my browser to mine cryptocurrency, it lets me disallow the operation. I'm using Chrome.
                        Can you post a pic please? I wonder if one of the embedded images somewhere is malicious.

Comment

I assure you I am not mining cryptocurrency!

Comment

So guys,

I've done all the google tests, found nothing. I've used 2 computers at work, with 2 different browsers, and found nothing. Used both my home computers, nothing.

When you scan a website on sites to see if it is infected, they just want to sell you product. All I can figure is wordpress, or vbulletin is outdated by an update or two.

I'm not saying there isn't something going on, but it isn't likely on our end. We use a shared server, so I have the host company doing a test for me. If there is anything going on its on their end. Plus, if there are any ads that google puts up for us, and it can somehow be linked to a website who does have an issue, your browser or virus scan can see that, and attribute it to us.

I checked every single file and folder I have access to last night, and nothing has been modified. There was nothing in the log saying anybody was trying to log in and failed multiple times. Usually when you get hacked you have a couple thousand tries of uncompleted logins.

Thanks for helping us figure this out. I have no idea why some people are getting notices and some are not.

Comment

Just for housekeeping: I checked the site on my home computer (firefox, chrome), work computer (chrome), phone (chrome), ipad (Safari) so far and have not come across any warnings.

Comment

Working...
                              X