Spammerbots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spammerbots

Hey everyone, I noticed a recent influx of spam bots lately and I have been trying to be as diligent as possible in deleting/banning. I went through the vbb options and selected what seems to be a better verification tool so hopefully this can put an end to the annoying jerkoffs.

Jesse

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
    ...put an end to the annoying jerkoffs.

Jesse
    Does this mean I am not welcome on LGT anymore?
    Seriously though, I've noticed an increase in jerkoffidity on several forums I frequent. Just the guitar orientated ones though, my Sweden forums have been spared till now. Fingers crossed.
    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
    Originally posted by chilton
    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

There seems to be a lot of spammers / spam bots lately

Comment

Originally posted by SouthpawGuy View Post
        There seems to be a lot of spammers / spam bots lately
        I wish their creator an untimely demise!
        Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Hail admin

There are ways of keeping at least spambots at armslength, our trusted admin will know how to. This could take a lot of doing though and admin might feel it easier permabanning each of these motherf... oops; guys that dig their mom to the extreme, as they present themselves. More often than not these jokers use just the one IP-address, so the ones presenting themselves here aren't likely to return once permabanned.
          www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

I was permibanned throughout the 80's and 90's .... 8 P
            Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

excuse the OffTopic

You mean perm-banned;

as you should have been!
              www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Olav View Post
                There are ways of keeping at least spambots at armslength, our trusted admin will know how to. This could take a lot of doing though and admin might feel it easier permabanning each of these motherf... oops; guys that dig their mom to the extreme, as they present themselves. More often than not these jokers use just the one IP-address, so the ones presenting themselves here aren't likely to return once permabanned.
                We use a verification program, but it clearly isn't working. I check the board about 25 times a day, and just perma-ban every spambot (and their IP address) on sight. I'm not sure what other options there are, kinda annoying eh?

Comment

The more 'sophisticated' bot reads and writes it's way around the verification most forums use. You might wanna take a look at the way the guys at mosriteforum.com handle things. It's a lot of work, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less than checking the board 25 times a day.
                  www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

I just tried changing the human verification manager to a Q & A, let's see if that will work.

Comment

It's getting ridiculous...
                      www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

It looks like the invasion of the spammer bots at the moment.

Comment

exactely the term I used in my PM to Jesse.
                          We really need to pull together on this and find a way to keep these lowlives on the other side of the treshold. Boards die of this disease... Don't wanna see that happen here.
                          www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

I just switched the registration over to where I have to personally accept each person that comes here before they post. I really didn't want to be like that, but it looks like we have no option. Hopefully this will work.

Don't worry guys, I'll figure this out I promise

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                              I just switched the registration over to where I have to personally accept each person that comes here before they post. I really didn't want to be like that, but it looks like we have no option. Hopefully this will work.

Don't worry guys, I'll figure this out I promise
                              Maybe check this out, it might help ?

http://www.spamhelp.org/harvesterkiller/

http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/antispam.html

Comment

Working...
                              X