Need help regarding MIM Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help regarding MIM Strat

I own a mid 90's MIM Squier Stratocaster. Now that the formalities are out of the way, I'm looking for a back plate for this guitar. In a perfect world, I would find a "mint" 3 ply plate but at this time I will settle for finding a 3 ply W/B/W plate. It needs to follow the screw pattern as shown in the photo:

and yes, I know the back plate on the guitar is from a right handed guitar!!

All the retailers that I can find sell the back plates for the newer strats were the middle 2 screw holes are reversed. I'm not looking to have a custom made plate (I mean it is a Squier after all), but the plate on there now bothers the hell out of me.

If someone has one they would like to sell, please PM me?? If you know of a retailer, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

C...D....
    Last edited by crawdaddy; 12-20-2009, 04:07 PM.

plus equals
    Last edited by exalted; 12-20-2009, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by exalted View Post
      plus equals
      Silly for sure.
      Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

i have like 3 backplates in a box somewhere, one is a plain white one from a mim lefty strat and the other is a plain white one from a righty mij squier

i don't care for backplates unless they're recessed, they bug me
        Originally posted by metalchurch
        I had my ball sack appraised one time.
        ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

My wife won't let me near any blades!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lostinthemasses View Post
            i have like 3 backplates in a box somewhere, one is a plain white one from a mim lefty strat and the other is a plain white one from a righty mij squier

i don't care for backplates unless they're recessed, they bug me
            LITM: If either of your white plates match the screw pattern and are 3 ply w/b/w, I'll purchase it from you.

I have the original single ply white that came with the guitar, I just like the look of the w/b/w.

Thanks

Comment

they're both single ply white, one is the same pattern

3 ply backplates aren't that common

you don't really see the backplate, so guitar manufacturers don't really make a spectacle out of them cosmetically

Comment

Originally posted by lostinthemasses View Post
                they're both single ply white, one is the same pattern

3 ply backplates aren't that common

you don't really see the backplate, so guitar manufacturers don't really make a spectacle out of them cosmetically
                I just bought a HSC from an individual and we met at a GC. I'm thinking, while I'm here, I'll stop in and ask them about the back plate. The dude behind the counter was looking at me like I was a bit loco. "Man, we don't even sell back plates unless there in a set". Sorry, I thought it was a guitar store!!!

Yeah, I know it's silly to even think about when there is so much more in this world to worry about, but I figured, I'd give it a shot.

I guess, I could always put the original one back on and be happy about it... or like you do, just take it off.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
                  plate. The dude behind the counter was looking at me like I was a bit loco. "Man, we don't even sell back plates unless there in a set". Sorry, I thought it was a guitar store!!!
                  Priceless !

Not to go off topic ... I was in a Dublin guitar store some years ago, one of the so called good ones. At that stage I would have been playing for about 15 years or so. I asked the guy behind the counter if they had any lefty electrics in the back not on display, to which he responded

... " can't you just learn to play right handed " to which I replied something along the lines of "Sorry, I thought it was a guitar store!!!",

( although there was a loud F%^&* in there somewhere ! )

Never went back to that place

Comment

http://home.comcast.net/~pickguards/

if you have your heart set on this, go there and order a 3 ply w/b/w backplate for a MIM squier, it'll probably run you 15-20 bucks

Comment

Working...
                    X