WTB: Lefty Strat w/ CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Lefty Strat w/ CBS

Looking for creme colored strats with the old CBS style headstock almost exactly like the one in the community photo album. Were those only made MIJ or are there some Americans floating around?

I think those were MIJ re-issues.

joe...

Comment

Yea,, MIJ's are out there. Not true copies though. In the 70's style, not a true "re-issue" but should find ones readily available. The Mexi Fender 70's had them, not sure if they came in olympic white though. Crawdaddy will probably know.
      Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
        Yea,, MIJ's are out there. Not true copies though. In the 70's style, not a true "re-issue" but should find ones readily available. The Mexi Fender 70's had them, not sure if they came in olympic white though. Crawdaddy will probably know.
        Yes in deed, they were MIJ. Hell, we can't even get a Jimi RI from Fender and he was a lefty!!

Fender Japan does have 2 versions, a '68 or '71 RI.

Mine is the '68:

To be honest, I'm not sure there is much difference between the 2. The neck plate and string trees pop into my head, and thats about it.

Hell, they don't even give us decent headstock decals. That one I don't understand.

PS: You could always go CS!!!!

EDIT: I just remembered, you might want to look for a neck from an earlier HWY 1... It isn't exactly a 70's but it does have the big head "Todd".
        sorry had to throw that in there, I like Big Head Todd and the Monsters. Haven't heard them in a while.
        Last edited by crawdaddy; 03-26-2010, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X