WTB:washburn wi64 cherry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB:washburn wi64 cherry

Want to buy a washburn wi64 cherry left handed guitar.If you have one laying around let me know.

Thanks,really looking for a used stock one in good condition.Cash is a little tight right now so im looking to save some funds.Maybe i should save up for that one if this doesn't pan out.
    I really like the sound of the stock pickups,re wired without the VCC is fine.I planned on putting new tone pots in one if i were to buy new anyways.
    You know it's funny,i am probably responsible for washburn making this model in left handed again and i can't even afford it now that they make it.I posted a petition on the washburn forum,only 5 people signed it but some higher up forum members must have seen it and took notice.Just speculation on my part,although i did send their customer service alot of emails asking if they would ever make it available in lefty again.Guess they didn't realise all those emails came from one person
    Last edited by xuthal; 02-27-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Don't know if you'll be able to see this link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It's the next higher model of Idol series. I own one and it's my go-to guitar. I gig with it and practice with it and I prefer it to my 2005 LP Custom. I wish I had only gotten it for the price that this one is currently going for. This one is identical to mine, it might even be better crafted for all I know.
      www.facebook.com/aprioripgh
      www.twitter.com/a_prior_i
      www.a-prior-i.com
      www.youtube.com/aprioripgh
      www.myspace.com/impenetrableeye

Comment

I'm not wow'ed by the body shape, but the build is nice and I really like the inlays on the board.
        Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Thanks for the link,I'm a minimalist at heart and prefer the simple cherry finish.I've wrestled with neck heavy guitars in the past,and to me it's not a big deal.

Comment

I don't know why you mention neck heavy guitars. The WI66PRO I own is not neck heavy at all. It's the best guitar I own and I own a Gibson Les Paul Custom that is collecting dust and looking more like a paperweight with every passing day. This Washburn is where it's at. Seymour Duncan pickups, beautiful flamed maple top. It's smooth as hell. The only thing that's not amazing about it is the VCC system. Way better access to the upper frets than my LP. It is not as bassy as the LP but that's not necessarily a drawback in any way. I think you'd be crazy not to pick this one up over a WI64 just because there's not a cherry finish. As far as I know the WI64 doesn't even come in cherry but actually a plain transparent red: http://www.washburn.com/electrics/idol-series/
            www.facebook.com/aprioripgh
            www.twitter.com/a_prior_i
            www.a-prior-i.com
            www.youtube.com/aprioripgh
            www.myspace.com/impenetrableeye

Comment

Originally posted by ThaBassment View Post
              I don't know why you mention neck heavy guitars. The WI66PRO I own is not neck heavy at all. It's the best guitar I own and I own a Gibson Les Paul Custom that is collecting dust and looking more like a paperweight with every passing day. This Washburn is where it's at. Seymour Duncan pickups, beautiful flamed maple top. It's smooth as hell. The only thing that's not amazing about it is the VCC system. Way better access to the upper frets than my LP. It is not as bassy as the LP but that's not necessarily a drawback in any way. I think you'd be crazy not to pick this one up over a WI64 just because there's not a cherry finish. As far as I know the WI64 doesn't even come in cherry but actually a plain transparent red: http://www.washburn.com/electrics/idol-series/
              Why am I not finding Wi66Pro info on lefty versons ? Nevermind, I see it. I wish someone would make a smother replacment to the tuneomatic, I just don't find them comfortable. My Ibanez SZ had a version that was rounded, no sharp edges, much better.
              Last edited by AllroyPA; 03-02-2010, 06:49 PM.
              Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Originally posted by ThaBassment View Post
                The wi66 pro is a carved maple top,making it more balanced and not prone to a heavy neck.Besides,I just don't have that kind of cash laying around that the winning bid was.It was a nice guitar but not really my style.I prefer the vintage look to the wi64 trans red/cherry to the wi66 pro,just not a very bling type guy.As for the seymore duncans,i prefer the sound of the stock pu's in the wi64.Thanks for the link though,I'm a janitor working for minimum wage right now,can't afford it if i wanted.

Comment

Working...
                X