Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender American Strat, 60th Ann, Lindy Fralins

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fender American Strat, 60th Ann, Lindy Fralins

    OK, I'm really wanting Tommyga's Mary Kay Tele, so I've priced this one to move!!

    This is a Fender Highway One Strat that is stock, with the exception of the body, and the pickups. Both have been upgraded:

    The body is an Alder Warmoth body that they finished in 3 tone sunburst, which cost me $440. It has a lifetime warranty, and I'll provide the receipt with this sale. This guitar is far, far, far better now than it was from the Fender factory. It's actually my best playing Strat, the other two just have too much sentimental value for me to sell.

    The rest of the guitar is all american Fender, with the exception of the pickups, which are the most excellent Lindy Fralin Vintage Hots. The bridge pickup has the bass plate. These pickups are $270, as I'm sure you all know.

    The neck has the "60th Anniversary" badge on it. The fingerboard is extremely beautiful - super dark.

    The Fender gig bag and and case candy is all included. The plastic is still on the Fender logo on the gig bag!

    I want to get $550 PayPal'd and shipped for this one. No trades, trying to get a jazz box, and this is going towards that. I have more than $700 in upgrades in this one, so it's a great deal.

    It just had it's half year setup by my favorite tech, so it's good to go! It's an absolutely killer guitar, and if it doesn't sell, I certainly won't mind keeping it.

    Here are some photos:











    Email me please, I always forget to check PM's!!

    [email protected]
    Last edited by mnjordan; 12-07-2009, 11:48 AM.
    Guitars: Fender Strats & Teles, Gibson R6 & 335 dot
    Amp: Two Rock Opal #63 w/ Two Rock 2x12 Cab
    Pedals: Zendrive, Keeley BD-2, Keeley mod DD4, Voodoo Tremolo

  • #2
    so beautiful....so what's a Jazz box?

    Comment


    • #3
      and the other photos:









      This is a killer deal fellas, let's make it happen!
      Guitars: Fender Strats & Teles, Gibson R6 & 335 dot
      Amp: Two Rock Opal #63 w/ Two Rock 2x12 Cab
      Pedals: Zendrive, Keeley BD-2, Keeley mod DD4, Voodoo Tremolo

      Comment


      • #4
        You never mentioned what part of the globe you are trolling: U.S.A.? ... lol
        Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
          You never mentioned what part of the globe you are trolling: U.S.A.? ... lol
          Who's trolling??

          I'm in Louisiana for what it's worth.
          Guitars: Fender Strats & Teles, Gibson R6 & 335 dot
          Amp: Two Rock Opal #63 w/ Two Rock 2x12 Cab
          Pedals: Zendrive, Keeley BD-2, Keeley mod DD4, Voodoo Tremolo

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mnjordan View Post
            Who's trolling??

            I'm in Louisiana for what it's worth.
            Trolling=dwelling, roaming, fishing for a buyer
            ...can't use an alternate term w/o peeps thinking it's a negative ... oh well
            Last edited by AllroyPA; 12-06-2009, 04:52 AM.
            Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
              Trolling=dwelling, roaming, fishing for a buyer
              ...can't use an alternate term w/o peeps thinking it's a negative ... oh well
              The intent is obviously negative, but whatever.

              This is a selling forum, no? I admit that it was kind of silly how I posted it, took it down and then re-posted it, but I don't consider that trolling.
              Guitars: Fender Strats & Teles, Gibson R6 & 335 dot
              Amp: Two Rock Opal #63 w/ Two Rock 2x12 Cab
              Pedals: Zendrive, Keeley BD-2, Keeley mod DD4, Voodoo Tremolo

              Comment


              • #8
                va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
                Originally posted by chilton
                Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
                www.dutchcassidy.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mnjordan View Post
                  The intent is obviously negative, but whatever.

                  This is a selling forum, no? I admit that it was kind of silly how I posted it, took it down and then re-posted it, but I don't consider that trolling.
                  Obvious to who ... ? I like the guitar it's nice, I was'nt rippin'.
                  Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You just don't know PA's sense of humor yet, once you're here a while, you'll see he was playing with his words. Naughty boy, he.

                    I have to add though, the guitar is not a 60th anniversary. The neck is from a Highway One that was built in late '05 or very early '06 it seems.

                    Here is a shot of my 60th. You'll notice the annv guitars have the fake diamond on the headstock. There are other differences too.





                    Don't take my reply wrong either, I think you're guitar is beautiful. The finish and wood grain on that body is simply gorgeous.

                    Good Luck on the sale.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      2 pt bridge vs Vintage 6 too. Extra string tree too.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
                        You just don't know PA's sense of humor yet, once you're here a while, you'll see he was playing with his words. Naughty boy, he.

                        I have to add though, the guitar is not a 60th anniversary. The neck is from a Highway One that was built in late '05 or very early '06 it seems.

                        Here is a shot of my 60th. You'll notice the annv guitars have the fake diamond on the headstock. There are other differences too.





                        Don't take my reply wrong either, I think you're guitar is beautiful. The finish and wood grain on that body is simply gorgeous.

                        Good Luck on the sale.
                        AH, thank you so much. I have been receiving a ton of questions about this guitar, and stuff was starting to not add up. The 6 point bridge and extra string tree, specifically.

                        I was scared I'd been duped into buying a parts guitar or something similar.

                        I looked up that guitar, and apparently it was the last Highway One model before Fender switched to the big headstock. The axe was sort of an impulse purchase at a sale at the local store, and I never really took the time to find anything out about it.

                        I need to edit the title of this listing.

                        Price is the same, but what I really want to do is trade it for an American or Japanese Tele!
                        Guitars: Fender Strats & Teles, Gibson R6 & 335 dot
                        Amp: Two Rock Opal #63 w/ Two Rock 2x12 Cab
                        Pedals: Zendrive, Keeley BD-2, Keeley mod DD4, Voodoo Tremolo

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There's nothing wrong with a parts guitar if the parts are quality and the price accurately reflects the fact.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by frails View Post
                            There's nothing wrong with a parts guitar if the parts are quality and the price accurately reflects the fact.
                            Not at all - I just bought this from a store, sold as a new Fender and all that. As a matter of fact, the Strat nearest and dearest to my heart is a parts guitar. I don't see how Fender's or anyone else's parts are any better than the ones that make my my blackie:



                            LOVE this guitar.
                            Guitars: Fender Strats & Teles, Gibson R6 & 335 dot
                            Amp: Two Rock Opal #63 w/ Two Rock 2x12 Cab
                            Pedals: Zendrive, Keeley BD-2, Keeley mod DD4, Voodoo Tremolo

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That's gorgeous. Is it nitro?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X