Clear All

• Agile Intrepid Dual Bloodburst 8 String

Here's something a little different!

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gui...ing-lefty.html

anyone play meshuggah?
    Originally posted by metalchurch
    I had my ball sack appraised one time.
    Originally posted by metalchurch
    ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

yep, meshuggah is one of my fav bands. wonder how this thing plays, looks kinda cheap. damn, i still want it though lol

Comment

I'm tempted but i wouldnt know where to begin haha

Comment

They're the cheapest semi-production 8's you can get, quality-wise they're pretty good and there's plenty of vids on Youtube of people playing them, like my mate Tim off SS.org:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TimatorA

Comment

Dude, that looks awesome. I love the finish- what body wood is that?

Comment

Ash.

http://www.rondomusic.com/intrepiddualbbmn.html

Comment

How's the tone? And are the pickups actually any good?
                And how the hell did you get your hands on a lefty model?? it's not even on their website!

Comment

Originally posted by RomelfangerCustomGuitars View Post
                  How's the tone? And are the pickups actually any good?
                  And how the hell did you get your hands on a lefty model?? it's not even on their website!
                  It's not mine haha. Clips on YouTube from various people, some people seem content with the pups, others swap them out.

At SevenString.org we have good rapport with Kurt, who is one of the RondoMusic bigwigs. Basically what happens regularly is someone comes up with an idea (the Interceptor was one of the first I believe, before the Septor, 7 string tele and Intrepid), people agree on the specs and then Darren who is one of the mods creates a few mockups. Him and Kurt discuss it, then basically a thread is created where people 100% commit to buying and put their money down. A small run is made (as many is cost-effective to make in a batch from Rondo's point of view) and they're already sold. Job done for Agile guitars, they've sold a load of instruments in a single go. From the runs usually most are righty and there's a few lefties.

The latest I believe are 8 string Interceptors and there's talk of a fanned-fret Intrepid 8, however multiscales require a lot more work so we're not sure if it'll happen.

The other option is to PM Kurt and get a custom build model, which consists of picking a body shape they offer and having a few options to play with. These work out a lot cheaper than a full custom from a luthier since it's basically a production model modified in house.

Comment

Interesting- I didn't know that they did any custom work on guitars... cool.
                    I've been thinking about getting an agile... they seem like really nice guitars for the money. Especially the Intrepid and the Interceptor... along with that lefty five string bass they have. =)

Comment

They're excellent value for money (unlike Halo guitars, lol).

Comment

Are halo guitars really that terrible?
                        There are two models that I think look cool, and sound good from the specs... the rest are butt ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by RomelfangerCustomGuitars View Post
                          Are halo guitars really that terrible?
                          There are two models that I think look cool, and sound good from the specs... the rest are butt ugly.

See things like this:

If they can get their build quality, quality control, and shipping together they could put out some decent guitars... but as of last year / earlier this year when I dealt with them it hadn't happened yet.

Basically my experience was as follows:
                          - Ordered Octavia with some custom specs and was promised 90 day delivery
                          - 90 days came and went with no guitar
                          - I got the Octavia in six months
                          - the Octavia had the wrong neck construction, wrong fretboard wood, a crooked bridge, and uneven frets... oh and no allen wrenches to adjust anything
                          - we agree that I would hold on to the guitar while they built a new one, which would arrive at my door in 45-90 days
                          - after four months I still had no new guitar, and the neck on the one I did have had warped so badly that the four higher strings were sitting on the fretboard

I ordered a 7 string V from them a couple years ago. Got the guitar pretty quickly, but it was full of finish flaws, horrible fretwork, and just general "Made In China" BS. Oh, and their site listed it as 27" scale, guitar was 25.5" scale. Sent it back for a refund(which took forever) and ate $100 in shipping on a $300 guitar.
                          These are all from SS.org, along with deleted threads such as 'Halo Guitars sold me a lemon' where the guitar couldn't be intonated properly because the bridge was in the wrong place. As a company they seem like they have some good ideas but their quality control seems to be hugely lacking. Nearly everyone I know who bought one on SS ended up having to get it repaired or sent back, nothing ever just 'worked' out the box.

Comment

hmm. Interesting. Remind me not to buy a halo guitar...
                            They obviously have some great ideas, but they do need to get their shit in line if they have problems that bad. Any idea where they're located?
                            Their superstrat looks like a really nice guitar, but from the descriptions you just gave me, it seems like it would come in terrible shape.
                            They don't even treat the wood correctly, or buy it with a low enough water content as the case may be, if the neck warped that badly in that one review...

Comment

I honestly can't think of any one on the forum who bought one and didn't have to either pay for minor issues to be corrected or had to send it back because there was something major wrong. I wish you could see the deleted thread because not only did the guy have an unplayable guitar but Halo wouldn't reply to his emails and kept getting fobbed off on the phone to the point where he was considering legal action. He got his money back in the end but the thread destroyed the company's image on the forum (who probably represent most of their extended-range market).

As far as the Agile's go, the only complaints have been when people ordering production models asked for say, the maple neck version but got mailed the ebony one, but Kurt is super good about customer service and everyone who had a slightly off-spec guitar arrive got the one they wanted in the end. No problems with the custom orders as far as I know.

If you want crazy shapes you might do well to look at Razar Guitars (Metal Matt on Project Guitar forum), he does some brutal shapes and his pricing is excellent because he's fairly young and it's a new company (he's built a lot of guitars already).

Comment

Working...
                              X