B.C. Rich exotic classic mockingbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.C. Rich exotic classic mockingbird

Looking to sell a near-mint lefty spalted maple B.C. Rich Exotic Classic Mockingbird guitar, only about a year old. This is a great guitar that has the right sound for anything from classic rock to metal. It's also the fast-playing guitar I've ever played.

I hate to get rid of the guitar, but I'm just coming out of grad school and money is tight. You can see this model in action in a great Guitar World video at http://www.guitarworld.com/article/b...ectric_guitars. More stats on the model here: http://www.bcrich.com/Mockingbird_exotic_classic.asp.

I'm asking $550 plus shipping. Brand new it'd set you back at least $750 plus shipping. The guitar has two minor blemishes, neither of which you'd probably notice unless I pointed them out (they're too small to see in the photos).

Attached Files

I need this like a hole in the head, but PM Sent...

Comment

why must it be made in a sweatshop? such a shame

b.c. rich is making midrange stuff in china now, what's this world coming to?
      Originally posted by metalchurch
      I had my ball sack appraised one time.
      ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

In the late '70s/early '80s, BC Rich USA was the shit. All hand-made, beautiful woods, etc. Back in the day, I had a Rich Eagle bass. (I'm really a guitarist, but there were more gigs for a bass player back then).

Anyway, being a lefty, it had to be custom ordered, and so I went to town with it. I got it made in short-scale, with J-bass pickups instead of the stock P-bass, and the most exquisite solid quilted maple (not a maple veneer like the new USA Riches)... In one of my many telephone calls to them while they built it, I found out that Bernie Rico Sr was the one building my bass. It cost about $1650 CAN in 1982, which was a good chunk of change back then. IIRC, I think the Alembics were the only basses more expensive at that time.

I loved that Rich, but times got tough in the late '80s, and it was one of the things I had to sacrifice. I'd love to find it and buy it back now...

Comment

Technically I think this one was made in Korea.

American B.C. Rich's are to die for, though.

Comment

dude, i saw a left handed bich made in 1979 go for 150 bucks on ebay about 6 months ago

i was kicking myself so hard
            I had my ball sack appraised one time.
            ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

LPLover,

I sent you a couple of PMs but I can't tell if they went through. If not you can e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks.

Comment

Dude. that is a sweet git...!!!!!! Too bad I have a righty Fender Mustang to sell...but if it sells soon...I'm on it!...lol..

Comment

Let me know. It's still for sale.

Comment

Working...
                  X