• jimmyb
    replied
    Bump to the top

Leave a comment:

• jimmyb
    started a topic FS: Lefty Gustavo Arias Parlor 1A Classcial

FS: Lefty Gustavo Arias Parlor 1A Classcial

All,
    Here's my Gustavo Arias Parlor for sale, please post any questions you may have about this cool little nylon string guitar (or PM).

The particulars on this guitar:
    1. AAA grade Western Red Cedar top
    2. AAA grade East Indian Rosewood Back/Sides
    3. Spanish Cedar neck with ebony reinforcement
    4. Ebony fingerboard
    5. Indian Rosewood bridge and peghead overlay
    6. Mother of pearl position markers on the side of the fingerboard at 3/5/7/9/12/15
    7. LR Baggs LB6 pickup (passive, you must use a preamp which is not included)
    8. This is a TRUE Parlor guitar, size wise. It is: 37" long, 8.46" upper bout, 12.2" lower bout, 24.2" scale length, 1.89" wide nut, 2.16" E to E spacing at the saddle, 3.43"-3.86" body depth. The bottom photo is the Arias (on the right) with a Ramsay Classical (Hauser body size) so you can see the size of the Arias
    9. Comes with a padded gig bag
    10. Strung with D'Addario Hard Tension basses (J46) and D'Addario Extra Hard Tension Titanium Trebles (T44). Intonation is spot on.

I would put this guitar's condition at good to very good. It has a string scratch below the bridge (high E side), and a dent below the bridge on the low E side. You can see the marks in the closeup photo of the lower bout/bridge. There are NO cracks or other finish issues other than these 2 marks.
    Tonally, the guitar is special, very warm and balanced (befitting the Cedar top), with plenty of volume and very good note seperation. The surprise of the guitar is how much you can drive it and it never gets "muddy" like many Cedar topped classical guitars do. Plugged in (with a proper preamp, I use a Fishman Aura Spectrum), the guitar sounds great, string to string balance is spot on. I am selling the guitar because of the narrow (by Classical guitar standards) nut and saddle string spacing. If you are used to a regular classical guitar, you will probably find (as I have) that the string spacing is too narrow. On the other hand, if you are used to steel string acoustics or nylon string crossovers (like a Taylor NS), this string spacing will suit you fine.

Price is $699 and I will pay shipping to the lower 48. I take Paypal or a check. If you pay by check (which is fine), I will not ship the guitar until the check clears (I trust everyone understands this).

Jimmy

Last edited by jimmyb; 04-03-2010, 06:21 PM.
Working...
X