Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS - Tokai ES-60 (bare knuckles & upgrades)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS - Tokai ES-60 (bare knuckles & upgrades)

Hi There Folks,

I feel slightly uncouth about using my first post to sell stuff guys, but needs must - and it looks like this is the place for leftys (I had no it existed, but glad to have found it!)

For Sale - My ES-60.
    Was originally bought from Coda-Music in 2007; since then I've swapped out the humbuckers for BK (Low-Wind) Stormy Monday's, had a bone nut fitted, changed the clunky pickup selector switch & last year had it re-fretted with medium jumbo fret-wire (the original frets were surprisingly low for a new guitar, and I wanted to be able to dig into this as one should with a 335) - so the guitar has far superior fret-work to the standard new ES-60, and zero-fretwear straight out of the bag. I did briefly consider swapping the pots out, but since I always keep my tone/volume controls at full, there was never the need.

The guitar itself is in great condition. There are two small scratches on the lower back that I haven't been able to capture with my camera, but they're only in the finish - and the some of the finish on the F-holes is scraped (by the inscrupulous luthier who seemed to be in too much of a hurry when installing the humbuckers) which is purely cosmetic, and fairly insignificant - but apart from that, all is well.

Looking for around the 300 mark for the guitar (plus case) - would prefer a local sale, but will post.

Fantastic Guitar, so please get in touch if anyone's interested.
    I'm in Glasgow, Scotland - interested parties are more than welcome to come try it out. Any questions, just ask...

PS - This is a genuine sale - I'm only getting rid of this because I used to use fairly exclusively for my old band, and now not so much with my new one, and it's too good a guitar to hold on to considering it's getting minimal use.

There is a full set of pictures of the actual guitar at -
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4765800...7623467504742/

Thanks Guys...
    Sean
    Attached Files

Question.

Why do you advertise as 300 Marks? I assume a Mark is a German denomination, but isn't Germany covered by the Euro now?

Just curious, TIA,
    db9091

Comment

no worries about seeling with first post, feel free to stick around after the sale though

Comment

Originally posted by db9091 View Post
        Question.

Why do you advertise as 300 Marks? I assume a Mark is a German denomination, but isn't Germany covered by the Euro now?

Just curious, TIA,
        db9091
        I'm thinking that since the seller is in Scotland (where my family originated from many moons ago) he is using the the word "mark" as a slang for his target price. Verstehen Sie?

By the way, sweet looking guitar...good luck with the sale.

Comment

Sean has this on Tokaiforum too, I 'invited' him to show it here, not too many southpaws on TF.
          Good luck selling!

[edit] might be interesting to learn what currency Sean means though... Doesn't say on TF either. I'll PM [edit]
          Last edited by Olav; 02-26-2010, 04:19 AM.
          va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
          Originally posted by chilton
          Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
          www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Aah. Thanks. So it's pounds, then in Scotland, I take it?

Danke!

Comment

Originally posted by db9091 View Post
              Aah. Thanks. So it's pounds, then in Scotland, I take it?

Danke!
              You know what, I didn't think about the pound note. oops. I was thinking of his price being in Euros, like you.

Like Olav stated, we need to hear from the man.

Or maybe we need one world wide currency.....like lets say, the US Dollar. But then that would require world domination, wait scratch that; world cooperation (much nicer word) of all involved.

Then Gene Wilder walks in and shouts, "I'm just kidding, can't you all just take a joke"????

Comment

If his price is in € I'd be highly surprised really. It's probably £. If it were $ I'd seriously consider it. Not a fan of humbuckers though.
                va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
                Originally posted by chilton
                Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
                www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments.
                  Yeah, sorry about the confusion w/ the denomination; I split an entire cup of coffee over my laptop about two weeks agos, and my g/f's computer that used to post the advert on here and the TGforums has a '#' where the 'Pound' sign should be on the keyboard - so, yeah, the asking price is roughly 300 pounds for the guitar (I'm open to offers, etc.,)

It's a fantastic guitar, and I've debated selling it with myself and friends for around 6 months - I love it (wouldn't have upgraded so much otherwise), but have a bit of difficulty adjusting to the size of playing a 335 (I'm far more comfortable with SGs/Strats/Pauls), especially live, and my old band had more of a need for a big vintage-sounding semi than the things I've been doing recently.

Regardless, yeah - I'll be sticking about, there are far too few resources out there for lefties, and I'm glad there is a space here for the sinister-handed.

Sean

Comment

That is a very beautiful guitar, and those seem like great upgrades as well!

Comment

Hi guys,

thank you for your posts about the guitar - it sold a few weeks back for £290.

Comment

Working...
                      X