• Show
Clear All

• Lefty lumie (kramer dmz 2000)

mint condition with OHSC, there's a reserve but it's gotta be worth it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Originally posted by metalchurch
    I had my ball sack appraised one time.
    ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

I would pick that up in a heartbeat if I had the $. BIN is only $650. This should go fast...

Comment

yup - just checked again and SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by saltysidedown View Post
        yup - just checked again and SOLD!
        Mine

I actually contacted the owner and we worked out a deal for $650. I just got lucky that no one bought it before I had a chance to bid on it....whew...

He said it is in dead mint shape so it was hard to pass up. Plus, it has the original case which he said is pretty clean. I so much prefer the clear maple over the dark stained ones. I hope I like it!

joe...

Comment

Fuck yes, i'm stoked for you

Comment

You lucky bastard - congrats!! Nice pickup!

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPunk View Post
              Mine

I actually contacted the owner and we worked out a deal for $650. I just got lucky that no one bought it before I had a chance to bid on it....whew...

He said it is in dead mint shape so it was hard to pass up. Plus, it has the original case which he said is pretty clean. I so much prefer the clear maple over the dark stained ones. I hope I like it!

joe...
              Lucky he was cool being he never sold anything before he was only a buyer.
              Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

He sounded like an older guy (older than me) and is buying all of these vintage train stuff and needed to raise some funds. He was a very nice person to talk to and work with.

joe...

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPunk View Post
                  Mine

joe...
                  If for some crazy reason you don't like it, let me know!!

Comment

If for some crazy reason you don't like it, let me know!!
                    Sure, I'll keep you in mind.

I just checked and the guitar is waiting for me at my UPS store. So I think I'll have some plans for tonight. I've very excited about this one because it will be the oldest guitar I currently own. Back in my High School days (76-80) I had some guitars but those are long gone. Come to think about it, I don't even have pictures of them. I remember having a Gibson Les Paul and the Ibanez Lawsuite LP, both were ok...always had tuning issues with them so I was glad to see them go. I think I sold them in 1983 to raise money for my G&L which at the time had just started out. The funny thing was the guy selling me the guitar tried to convience me to purchase on of the Charvel guitars...duh!!!

joe...

Comment

So how's the Lumie? Details...

Comment

So how's the Lumie? Details...
                        Well, I must say, the condition on this guitar is par-none. There is not a scratch, bump, dent on this guitar...nothing...it really is show room condition. The only issue is that some of the pots have gone bad so I'm going to try to see if some solvent will correct that. I really don't want to replace the pots. The frets are in new like condition which is great...no refret job in the future for this one.

As for it playability, the neck is a typically Kramer style profile, narrow at the top and wide by the neck pocket. The maple body gives this guitar a great classic rock sound, a little bright but not brittle. However, due to the maple body, the guitar weighs a ton. I think before I use this guitar on stage I'm going to have to enroll myself in a training program.

I will try to get some pictures taken and when I do, I'll update this thread.

joe...

Comment

go to radioshack and get a can of tuner cleaner

the neck is why it weighs so much

congrats on the score though, post it in the showroom, it'll be my nomination for next month

Comment

Originally posted by lostinthemasses View Post
                            go to radioshack and get a can of tuner cleaner

the neck is why it weighs so much

congrats on the score though, post it in the showroom, it'll be my nomination for next month
                            I've got a can of contact cleaner. It's just that these pots look like the kind that are completely enclosed and can't get any cleaner in them.

I thought the neck was aluminum which is a very light weight material. I've got 2 other maple guitars and they both weigh a ton.

joe...

Comment

yeah, the maple will make it heavier, you can get the contact cleaner in through where the shaft meets the housing.

Comment

Working...
                              X