Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter Hellcat

Hey, all...

In December my garage got burglarized and all my music stuff was stolen. Most of it was easy to replace, but they took my guitar. It was a left-handed Schecter Hellcat.

I seriously doubt the thieves play left-handed guitar, so I've been keeping an eye out in all the possible outlets...but if anyone comes across one online, I'd love to hear about it. It was a great little guitar, and I would probably want to buy another if possible.

thats real messed up man, ill keep an eye out for ya.

Comment

Cool, thanks!

It's a pretty unusual guitar, sort of a mix between a Jazzmaster, a Strat, and a Firebird, and I've never seen another left-handed version.

Comment

do you know the serial? or anything distinguishable? Location? dont give anything you dont want to but I'll keep an ear to ground.

Comment

Well, I'm in Northern California (Sacramento), but with the internet, who knows where it may pop up.

Yeah, I have the serial: 0406163

Maybe it's dumb to give that sort of thing out, but I don't care.

It's black with red tortoise pickguard. It had the mini-buckers (not the single coils they put on later models).

Looked like this (except not backwards!):
          http://www.poweralley.com/Schecter/hellcat_blk.jpg

But really, i'd be willing to buy a different copy of the same guitar - I liked it that much.

Comment

Best of luck to you in finding the guitar.

I know this doesn't help you at this time, but that is a very cool looking guitar. If it plays half as well as it looks, I can understand you wanting it back.

Comment

This wouldn't happen to be it, would it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHECTER-HELLCAT...1%7C240%3A1318

Comment

Oh shit.

Right handed person with a rare left-handed guitar, who just happens to be in [email protected]!?!?!

I guess I'll have to call the cops and see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by exalted View Post
                  Oh shit.

Right handed person with a rare left-handed guitar, who just happens to be in [email protected]!?!?!

I guess I'll have to call the cops and see what they say.
                  Good luck dude....where was the serial number located? Back of the headstock looks blank (unless it was sanded off?)

Comment

Oh, and thank you a TON!!!

Thank you!

Comment

Yeah, it was in the back, but it was just pressed in, not painted or anything, so I don't think it was easy to see originally.

Comment

Originally posted by exalted View Post
                        Oh, and thank you a TON!!!

Thank you!
                        No problem at all, I hope you can recover it. And you might want to contact ebay about this, maybe they can pull the listing before somebody buys it.

Comment

Well, there's no "Buy it now" option
                          If there were, I would have bought it and then had his address.

So I have 6 days. I'll call the police tomorrow.

Based on what he's been selling, it looks like he's a junk collector, and probably not the thief. But either way, I want my guitar back!

I'm so worked up now. :P

Seriously, though. Thank you so much. I was starting to give up on looking on eBay.

Comment

Just saw that auction, was also going to post a heads up.

Where is the serial number on the Schecters ? Maybe ask the seller for more pics ...

Good luck.
                            Last edited by SouthpawGuy; 04-20-2009, 08:05 AM.

Comment

keep us updated on this one, that's crazy if it is your axe

Comment

Working...
                              X