X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul?

What do you all make of this?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-LES-PAUL-...A1%7C294%3A200

sorry, meant to post int he "keeping an eye out thread".. move please.

Comment

Jesus...I dunno about that. Did Gibson even make a lefty LP Custom with 3 hums?

Comment

it was probably routed for the middle one

why would gibson gut this thing up? it makes no sense
        Originally posted by metalchurch
        I had my ball sack appraised one time.
        ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

Looking at that headstock, I'd have to say that is one of those fakes coming from Asia.

Also, no "MADE IN AMERICA" stamped on the backside of the headstock.

I would stay far far away.

Comment

oh snap, i spaced on the made in usa stamp

that's probably a counterfeit gibson had destroyed
            I had my ball sack appraised one time.
            ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

I have a "FrankenPaul" Custom as well. It was cut in half at the narrow part of the body and the headstock had been cut off, just like the description of this guitar. As is the case on the eBay guitar, the binding on mine is not quite lined up after re-assembly, and the headstock (which is obviously not the original because it's from a Standard) is slightly crooked. Unless you look hard, you can't see it. The construction on mine is correct: Mahogany body, thick maple cap, correct tenon length. Plays great, sounds great, looks like crap.

The Chinese counterfeits have a known set of glaring "tells", and there's nothing in the construction of the eBay guitar that screams Chinese. The knobs are in the right place, the bridge and tailpiece look well placed and correct. The headstock looks correct - the split diamond is in the right place and is the right size. The serial number imprint is the correct font, and the lack of a "MADE IN USA" stamp is really a non-issue. It could be either that the camera didn't pick it up (sometimes they were stamped very shallow), or it's not there - which is also possible in a legit LP. OTOH, I suppose someone could have grabbed an Epi and grafted on a Gibson headstock.

Comment

Working...
              X