Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know who "sells" services? - obviously not what you perverts think

ok let me explain:
    I'm selling off a lot of stuff lately anticipating this project...

for months I need a kahler installed, eh..ok not a big deal and it will get done sooner or later BUT now that 2 jackson P/HB's have shown up on ebay, those 2 have KILLED me with BMS saying "do it- do it ya dumbfuck, look how badass those are". (BMS=BassModSyndrome)

I bought a j40 HB pup BEFORE those 2 units hit ebay so I had no "true" example of what it would really look like.
    I highly doubt I'll EVER see another humbuker for sale out there for a long, long time so I'm not selling it I'm gonna USE it

so basically I'm gonna OUT-DO those 2 on ebay by adding the kahler. It will look stupid with a gold one, since that's the only one I have left, but as long as the hole was there, I can always find a black one.
    the trim ring is about a 16th of an inch too short on either side of the J, but if I really wanted to I would fill it in, and paint it antique white or find a slightly larger trim ring.

so routing a couple holes and mounting the kahler which DOES flatmount as I have had a righty with one on it for 20 years..what's that gonna cost...up to the person who does it I guess.
    your labor would be for my white LEFTY, because I'm not building this to sell, I'm building this to keep, and now that I bought the pink lefty, I'm not worried about the guitar being gone for a month cause I'll sport that one on stage and could care less what people think
    from this:

to this ( but with a kahler on it naturally )

point of all that? Does anyone on here know of anyone they would be comfortable taking their stuff to, and if so, please let me know..

thanks,

Mike
    Resident Charvel/Jackson Freak

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
    ok let me explain:
    I'm selling off a lot of stuff lately anticipating this project...

for months I need a kahler installed, eh..ok not a big deal and it will get done sooner or later BUT now that 2 jackson P/HB's have shown up on ebay, those 2 have KILLED me with BMS saying "do it- do it ya dumbfuck, look how badass those are". (BMS=BassModSyndrome)

I bought a j40 HB pup BEFORE those 2 units hit ebay so I had no "true" example of what it would really look like.
    I highly doubt I'll EVER see another humbuker for sale out there for a long, long time so I'm not selling it I'm gonna USE it

so basically I'm gonna OUT-DO those 2 on ebay by adding the kahler. It will look stupid with a gold one, since that's the only one I have left, but as long as the hole was there, I can always find a black one.
    the trim ring is about a 16th of an inch too short on either side of the J, but if I really wanted to I would fill it in, and paint it antique white or find a slightly larger trim ring.

so routing a couple holes and mounting the kahler which DOES flatmount as I have had a righty with one on it for 20 years..what's that gonna cost...up to the person who does it I guess.
    your labor would be for my white LEFTY, because I'm not building this to sell, I'm building this to keep, and now that I bought the pink lefty, I'm not worried about the guitar being gone for a month cause I'll sport that one on stage and could care less what people think
    from this:

to this ( but with a kahler on it naturally )

point of all that? Does anyone on here know of anyone they would be comfortable taking their stuff to, and if so, please let me know..

thanks,

Mike
    Hey Mike,

I can do that work for you!!! In fact I would be honored, I am trying to get my name out there as a luthier and repairman!!! I get some referral work from a local music shop, but I haven't had any work from them in almost a year!!

I am in Johnstown, not too far from you... And I am open to trades etc for work.... Thanks and let me know

PM me and we can go from there... I can even come out to the 'burgh to pick your parts up

John

Comment

thanks John, PM on the way ---

Comment

mebbe you wanna check LITM for some luthier work?

(sorry, HAD to do it...)
        va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
        Originally posted by chilton
        Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
        www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

LITM ??? whats that? leave it to me???

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
            LITM ??? whats that? leave it to me???
            nice one!

LITM=LostInTheMasses
            va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
            Originally posted by chilton
            Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
            www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

ha I would have never thought about "lost in the masses"..

well if John comes to my house to pick up all the parts...haha he will be angry when he sees all the righthanded guitars and basses I have here, kinda like a 2 way door, sometimes I'm lefty, sometimes I'm righty

either that or he will say "is that one for sale/trade"?

Comment

Working...
              X