• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Axes from the US

1985 Gibby V

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Flying-V-...item2306903d6c

Super hot Heritage archtop 575

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lefthanded-Herit...item230691c869

Carvin neck through (DC200?) Nice price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Left-handed-USA-...item3efee09140

Schecter Celloblaster. Is it a Bass? Is it a Cello? Nohp, it's the all mighty 5 string baritone guitar!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Left-Handed-Sche...item335c32085d
    "NO, I don't build left handed guitars! I think left handed people are freaks and should not even play the guitar."

Words by a famous luthier when asked by me for a custom left handed instrument quote.

"Great man, you are brilliant! So your stupid ass thinks that Hendrix should have never played the guitar?!"

My reply.

Watch out for the $500 shipping cost on the Schecter

I think this is a way to get out of paying eBay fees but I'd hate to see someone bid a couple hundred on the guitar and then find out about the crazy shipping.
    I like pointy guitars.

Comment

I understand exactly what he is doing, but I thought ebay had some checks in place so sellers could not gouge on shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by dmccarthy View Post
        Watch out for the $500 shipping cost on the Schecter
        I think this is a way to get out of paying eBay fees but I'd hate to see someone bid a couple hundred on the guitar and then find out about the crazy shipping.
        This is so lame. I didn't check the shipping fees and I bet potential buyers would barely notice. It's just not right man.
        "NO, I don't build left handed guitars! I think left handed people are freaks and should not even play the guitar."

Words by a famous luthier when asked by me for a custom left handed instrument quote.

"Great man, you are brilliant! So your stupid ass thinks that Hendrix should have never played the guitar?!"

My reply.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
          I understand exactly what he is doing, but I thought ebay had some checks in place so sellers could not gouge on shipping.
          you can "claim" it costs you whatever to ship an item, the only way ebay would know is if people report the listing which I just did, but it will take more than one report for ebay to cancel the ad...( been there-done that )

and to cotsulas:

if you ( or anyone ) is stupid enough to just buy it WITHOUT looking 100% at all the costs involved with buying an item, then your gonna get what you deserve, just like a sellers price being 10,000 dollars for a 300.00 guitar, you bid-you pay, you think it is NOT worth it, you don't.....
          Resident Charvel/Jackson Freak

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Get what you deserve? Excuse me? Is there a penalty involved in not fine combing an ad? C'mon... Sellers opting for this kind of way out of eBay rules 'deserve' to be banned from eBay. You don't wanna follow eBay rules, don't put your shit up there.
            ...get what you deserve... really?
            va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
            Originally posted by chilton
            Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
            www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Olav View Post
              Get what you deserve? Excuse me? Is there a penalty involved in not fine combing an ad? C'mon... Sellers opting for this kind of way out of eBay rules 'deserve' to be banned from eBay. You don't wanna follow eBay rules, don't put your shit up there.
              ...get what you deserve... really?
              if you read the TOS with ebay, excessive shipping is not allowed and must be reported to ebay for ebay to decide if the ad should be pulled and the seller is to be suspended for it. ( and yes obviously ebay knows that a 500.00 guitar bought for a dollar is going to cut ebay out of their FVF's. ) which is not allowed.

HOWEVER most of these sneaky bastards put shipping and "HANDLING" << handling being the key factor here it might cost me 50 bucks to ship to you, but my HANDLING fees are 450.00 to prepare the item for shipping, and that is up to you to decide if you want to pay it or not before you bid.

I'm not trying to start an argument olav, basically I'm saying that if you see an item on ebay and did NOT look at all the "other" costs to you when you do buy it, and THEN bitch about it to the seller...by then it is too late and your the stupidfuck that didn't read the ad carefully enough. I am VERY careful how I word my ads just for that reason since ebay is all for the buyer and the sellers get fucked on everything anymore... CASE IN POINT:

I bought a waterpump from a seller for 4.82 >>ok
              I was the retarded asshole and just clicked the BIN without looking, and got fuckked for 52.00 in "handling" fees on top of the 12.00 shipping fees, but I was the stupid fucker who didn't look "CAREFULLY" at all whole ad. that was my whole point here...BOTTOMLINE, I was the retard, not the seller, and paypal rejected my claim on the first day despite me telling them that a box shipped to me from USPS like he did was only 12.00.

and banned by ebay? hahah good luck we have tried that with people selling stolen shit before..and although the ad gets pulled, I always see the seller selling again under a new userID and keeps going

last rant

are you gonna report me just because I have an ad for a inkpen I'm trying to charge 1.59 for for and 6.00 in shipping and 37.95 for HANDLING+packaging costs for an item I can put in a 44 cent USPS envelope? If you want to try I'll create the ad and give you the link so you can report it...you'll see the ad wont get touched and ebay will not bother me.

Comment

Nobody's argueing buyers should read the entire ad before bidding. What struck me was the word 'deserve' in your post. No need to explain how eBay works. We all know. I know eBay doesn't "ban" sellers, nor do they hinder or aid users that complain about ads that don't meet eBay standards. I used the same word you did just to illustrate how I feel about the organisation that is eBay. Maybe you didn't get that.
                I have no desire to act as eBay police and report sellers for posting ads that I think don't meet requirements. Also I won't be taking you up on your offer on testing eBay's limits.
                And about your 'rant', maybe you want to stop talking down to people? I'm sure Cotsulas doesn't need your 'advice', I certainly don't need a lecture. If you have an opinion I'm sure everybody here wants to read about it, as long as you state your opinions as such.
                Now...

can someone stick a fork in me? I'm done
                www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

a fork to see if your done based on that pic? it looks like they are "all" a little over-done in the tan dept

Comment

And not just the tan departement.
                    Listen, disregard my big gaper in that last post...
                    Lesson to be learned; don't drink and post...
                    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

And not just the tan departement.
                      Listen, disregard my big gaper in that last post...
                      Lesson to be learned; don't drink and post...
                      it is 1:18pm on Saturday as I post this...how many hours are you ahead of us?? 7hours?

cause drinking in the afternoon only leads to a headache by 9pm

Comment

I'm sure Cotsulas doesn't need your 'advice', I certainly don't need a lecture. If you have an opinion I'm sure everybody here wants to read about it, as long as you state your opinions as such.
                        Hey guys, I honestly didn't notice the shipping. I probably would if I was going to buy it, but who knows? A guy might buy it and find out the shipping cost afterwards. Especially if he is new in e-bay. Does that make the buyer stupid and the seller smart? Or does that mean that the transaction is ethical? Is a "I got the chance and fucked you in the ass, buddy" situation. I bet no one would like that.

Either way no hard feelings amimbari.

Olav thanks for standing up for me and I really liked that "Bodybuilders Hug" picture. Lol!!! DUDE!!!

My reply.

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                          only if you stop drinking!

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                            it is 1:18pm on Saturday as I post this...how many hours are you ahead of us?? 7hours?

You're in PA? Yeah, I'd say 7 ahead.
                            And Jesse got it right. Head's a bit too heavy for the neck to support it now, maybe I'll jump on my bike and head to the beach, nice 1 hour tour.

Bars are open on the beach...

wonder if they'll be there?
                            www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cotsulas View Post
                              Hey guys, I honestly didn't notice the shipping. I probably would if I was going to buy it, but who knows? A guy might buy it and find out the shipping cost afterwards. Especially if he is new in e-bay. Does that make the buyer stupid and the seller smart? Or does that mean that the transaction is ethical? Is a "I got the chance and fucked you in the ass, buddy" situation. I bet no one would like that.

Either way no hard feelings amimbari.

Olav thanks for standing up for me and I really liked that "Bodybuilders Hug" picture. Lol!!! DUDE!!!
                              You're welcome, eventhough I wasn't technically standing up for you. That was a cranky post I put in there, shoulda known better.
                              But I stood up and I'll (probably) do it again
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MUQZJuA5RE
                              mebbe I shoulda stood up after one.
                              Last edited by Olav; 04-18-2010, 03:27 AM.
                              www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Working...
                              X