X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Gibson SG Brown Faded Series.

Nice woodgrain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-LEFTY-LEFT-...item45f218d25a
    "NO, I don't build left handed guitars! I think left handed people are freaks and should not even play the guitar."

Words by a famous luthier when asked by me for a custom left handed instrument quote.

"Great man, you are brilliant! So your stupid ass thinks that Hendrix should have never played the guitar?!"

My reply.

Damn I have been looking for that guitar with the crescent moon inlays for a couple years now. If it had those inlays I'd be jumping all over it. I might just have to get it anyway though.
    www.facebook.com/aprioripgh
    www.twitter.com/a_prior_i
    www.a-prior-i.com
    www.youtube.com/aprioripgh
    www.myspace.com/impenetrableeye

Comment

Dammit, I'm tired of this stupid "I only ship to the lower 48" bullshit...

Comment

Originally posted by Skyless View Post

I hear what you're saying, we have some great stuff here in the states.

Unfortunately, shipping overseas and even up north to "Yah Hey Der" land is a crap shoot. The last guitar I shipped to England was about $120, though it was received within' a weeks time. I've sent guitars to Canada that have taken about 3 weeks to be delivered.

The buyer is on pins and needles as is the seller. Just not worth it.

I have a guitar on ebay at the moment and have had a couple of buyers from Europe that wanted it. I'm sure it would have been sold by now, but I just like the hassles.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyless View Post
          Where are you ?
          Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

I'm in Montreal, about an hour away from the New York State border.

I understand the hassles you speak of, Crawdaddy. I just find the "troubles" associated with shipping to Canada are overblown IMO. I've transacted mostly with U.S sellers and I see no reason to fret about customs when careful measures have been taken. That involves paying a little bit extra and using companies like Fedex, UPS, DHL etcetc... who guarantee a product within a certain time frame.

I can understand the concerns of shipping overseas though. Yet again, if the buyer is willing to pay the ridiculous shipping charge I don't see the problem personally.

Comment

At auction you get a better return, like you say long as both parties are willing/patient. You just need a US friend as a go-between.
              Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Alright, so who won it?
                www.facebook.com/aprioripgh
                www.twitter.com/a_prior_i
                www.a-prior-i.com
                www.youtube.com/aprioripgh
                www.myspace.com/impenetrableeye

Comment

Working...
                X