Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirt cheap

http://www.rondomusic.com/product3153.html
    Anybody here own an Agile? This is a B stock item.
    I'm curious to know from someone, outside the AGForum group what these are like.
    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
    Originally posted by chilton
    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
    www.dutchcassidy.com

I haven't owned an Agile, but I have purchased an SX Tele (not a strat) from Rondo. I hear the Agiles are on par with Epiphone LP's so for that price (and it includes a case), I'd say definitely go for it.

My Tele was a similar deal when I purchased it. It was $60 and another $24 for shipping. The guitar was built decent, probably on par with a Squier guitar, with the only problem being...TaDA... weak P/U's. They weren't bad, just sounded a bit tinny to me. Not that I have the best ears, but it was no where near the sound of my '52 RI Tele. Nor did I expect it to be.

I sold the Tele and now I regret it. It was a guitar that played decent and you could take anywhere and not have to worry about. Oh well, live and learn.

Here is a shot of my Tele:

If I knew how bad the "chips" were, I'd probably go for it.

Good Luck
    Last edited by crawdaddy; 02-23-2010, 06:30 AM.

Comment

I just put it outthere for others to see. I had totally forgotten about that tele, you showed that before right?
      It's gone now anyway(surprised?), but I'm not looking for a humbucker guitar, I'm a SC fan, P90s are favorites. If I were to own another LP guitar it'd be a Goldtop with soapbars.
      And not a maple necked scarf jointed guitar at that...
      va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
      Originally posted by chilton
      Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
      www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

I've owned an Agile, the explorer style one, the older version that is. The guitar I think was under $250 (w/o case) and it was just find for the price. It played nice and sounded ok as well. I really can't comment on how it held up over time since I sold mine about 2 years ago when people on ebay were seeking out the older model when Agile changed the body style.

Good luck,

joe...

Comment

Working...
        X