Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

XLG
Adirondack Guitars
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: My gits

Thanks

So I bought this like 6 months ago and apparently never even mentioned it on here, lol

Was super bummed when I sold my M-207 back to the guy I bought it from, but I found this on Craigslist in Portland and this one's in way better shape. It has EMG 707's installed and at some point I'll be swapping those out as well as adding more vinyl graphics to give it a bomber-type look like rivets and seams.

For now it just has this decal I had a friend make me:
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    I had my ball sack appraised one time.
    ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lostinthemasses For This Useful Post:

manini (03-14-2018), metalchurch (03-18-2018)

Thanks

I do love a nice silver guitar. Very nice man. I had to google what your decal meant. Very interesting, but also super specific. Any insight as to why that?

Thanks

I was looking at WW2 bombers and saw that on either a B-26 or B-17 and thought it was pretty cool.

Thanks

Love that silver its so vibrant! I can certainly see this as a nice canvas for a warplane graphic of some sort. These are cool guitars regardless but opposed to the usual black, the silver is very nice and rather uncommon.
    I read on the internet one time that...

Thanks

NGD:

Remember when Gibson threw us a bone with those 3 Les Pauls a few months ago? It was like a TV yellow doublecut, a Les Paul Junior, and some other one I forget. All 3 were some ridiculous price, like $1500 or something. I laughed my ass off when I saw the price, it was just insulting.

So on one of the Facebook groups, they were all on-board, a few even bought the Les Paul Junior. So let's make this clear, we're talking about a mass-production guitar with a fixed wraparound bridge, a single P-90, and nothing else, for well over $1000.

So I went on Rondo and looked to see what the cheapest decent Les Paul was going for and found this, which comes with 2 P90's, and it was $230 shipped to my door, for a brand new guitar! I shared this with the lefty group and said "look! you can get this for over $1000 less and use the leftover money to refinish it however you want, reshape the headstock however you want, put whatever frets on it you want, put whatever type and color hardware you want on it, have a custom pickguard made for it, whatever control layout you want, and whatever pickups you want, and probably have money left over."

Obviously the response was the typical blahblahblah Korea blahblahblah "real" Gibson blahblahblah "heritage" etc. So in the process of trying to sell the guitar to these people, I wound up selling it to myself. Over the last 4-5 months, there's been a handful of times where it was all queued up in my shopping cart and ready to hit the purchase button and backed away. Finally pulled the trigger last week and holy crap am I satisfied with this purchase.

One thing I need to address off the bat, they did do something wrong when they made this guitar, the listing says it comes with a rosewood fretboard and this one came with A FUCKING EBONY ONE. So let's get this straight, I paid $230 shipped for a brand new Agile with Grover tuners, a graphite nut, medium-jumbo frets and an ebony fretboard? WHAAAT?

As with most Rondo guitars, the electronics are SERIOUSLY lacking, and the bridge it came with is literally a TOM tailpiece, doesn't even have a saddle, but what the fuck ever, you know me and what I do, I'm ripping everything off the guitar and replacing it anyways.

ANYWAYS I'm hella stoked on this purchase, I cannot recommend this guitar enough and there's a few left in stock, not sure if they all have ebony boards or if this one was the odd-one out, but even if it were rosewood you can't beat this price. The Epiphone guitars that sell at this price point make this guitar look like an 80's USA Gibson.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lostinthemasses For This Useful Post:

AllroyPA (03-21-2018), Blue Church2 (03-21-2018), metalchurch (03-21-2018)

Thanks

What does the left handed wrap around bridge look like compared to a right handed one ? I want a P-90 guitar for sure

Thanks

The one included with this guitar isn't a bridge, it's just a tailpiece from a TOM guitar.

Surprisingly enough, the intonation is pretty good for it not even being a bridge, better than the right handed one that Chinese PRS copy Pushead2 sold me came with.

I'm gonna handle some shit, you'll be seeing lots more of this guitar as I gradually upgrade it.

You can buy this guitar equipped with an upgraded bridge for like $50 in the purchasing options on the Rondo Music page:
    http://www.rondomusic.com/product8799.html

Thanks

right, but do they make a left handed compensated wrap-around bridges and where do you buy after market ones

Thanks

They make adjustable ones and those are ambidextrous, I'm not a fan of fixed ones, so I don't know if they make a lefty fixed wraparound.

Thanks

Rondo also sells 2 different compensated wraparound bridge tailpieces for that guitar and sell them in lefty as well as righty. I have 3 of that guitar - one without the compensated saddle, and 2 with the faber compensated saddle - awesome guitar either way!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

kramer aerostar zx10 guitar floyd rose

mij strat leftyguitartrader.com

SEO Blog