Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Thread: G&L JB-5

Thanks

Default G&L JB-5

I've ordered a G&L JB-5, and it'll take it at least two months before G&L will have it ready.

I wanted a Jazz Bass, and Fender hasn't offered the options I've wanted in a long time, at least in their Corona guitars. I thought about G&L and discovered that I could get the options I want.

5 string JB-5

MIA / maple fretboard / quarter sawn neck / swamp ash body / clear red finish / stainless steel frets.

I don't know why I didn't think of G&L before. I've always liked what I heard out of G&L instruments. If this bass works out, i might never buy another Fender again. Sure, I paid a little more, but I got exactly what I wanted.

Any of you play G&Ls?
    Ch Willie

Thanks

This should probably be in general discussion somewhere if it's not a for sale post. But I'm a big G&L fan, I have a couple and recently ordered a brand new one for myself, also.

Mine's done and at the dealer now. Two months was about exactly how long it took. I thought it would be longer because of the covid situation but it wasn't.

I love them. Never played a bass though, but every time I see one for a good deal I think about picking it up.

Thanks

I'm so sorry. I thought I had gone to the right one, and I messed up. I'll pay more attention from now on.

Yeah, the dealer told me they say 8-16 weeks, but he said most times they come through in about two months.
    Ch Willie

Thanks

Yeah it shouldn't take too long. I was hoping I'd see mine in their Facebook or Instagram posts, but so far I haven't. I ordered a legacy rmc in candy apple red with ebony board and reverse headstock. I'm pumped haha.

Thanks

I love strats.....duh....only have a couple dozen or so.....but I really really love the G&L's....they offer us lefty's so many more options than Fender and at a decent price....

I am disappointed in G&L recently as their new 2020 American Legacy's/ASAT's now come with a gigbag....really sad....

I tried to upload a couple of pictures without success.....
    Last edited by crawdaddy; 10-05-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks

I hadn't heard about the gig bag change. My quote said hardshell case included.

Just checked their website, I think it's the Fullerton Deluxe models that specifically come with a gig bag. That's a bummer. Made to order USA's still include a hardshell though.

Thanks

I have an MJ-4 you might have seen already. It was a pretty short-lived model. I got it because G&L didn't offer a lefty JB at the time. I absolutely love mine. I run it through two B7K preamps.

Last edited by superheavydeathmetal; 10-07-2020 at 06:19 PM.
    Resident Schecter fanboy - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain

This user has gone 130 days without purchasing a guitar.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superheavydeathmetal For This Useful Post:

ch willie (10-18-2020), Nubs (10-08-2020)

Thanks

Man, I love the color of that bass. I usually like a pickguard, but that looks great without.
    Ch Willie

Thanks

Very nice!! Congrats
    Last edited by Cmartin; 10-19-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks

Thanks. I've been very good about putting it in the back of my mind. It might still take 2 months to get it, and now I'm having a harder time trying to forget about it. Instead, I'm getting excited and wanting it nowwwww.
    Ch Willie

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog