Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Left For Dead
XLG
Adirondack Guitars

Thread: NGD: G&L Legacy Deluxe in redburst

Thanks

Default NGD: G&L Legacy Deluxe in redburst

I had my eyes on this one for a long time and initially wasn't going to buy it, but it sat on Reverb month after month and the price continued to drop. Honestly I'm really surprised it didn't sell earlier.

Unfortunately the seller no longer had the spec sheet so I'm not sure what the body wood is under the flame top, but I was very happy to find that it does have a 12" radius. Took a bit of a gamble there not knowing what to expect. It feels about the same weight as my white one, maybe a tad heavier. The neck is also quite a bit thicker than the one on my white Legacy. Not totally my thing but I've grown to enjoy some variety. The binding on the neck is really nice.

The only thing that I really dislike is the terribly stupid proximity of the 5-way to the control knobs. It's just shockingly close. I've noticed G&L seemed to be all over the place with that on these Legacy Deluxe models - I've seen at least 3 or 4 different variations but this one is the worst offender. But I knew about it going in. I'll probably remove the center tone and cover the hole with a chrome button of some kind.

I'm becoming a bit of a G&L collector at this point lol. I don't know, there's an aesthetic to these guitars that I really enjoy.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeftyLV426 For This Useful Post:

metalchurch (10-30-2018), Nubs (10-30-2018), SteveH (11-03-2018), superheavydeathmetal (10-30-2018)

Thanks

Yea I see what you mean about that switch.. Damn.. Makes ya almost want to remove the middle knob.. At any rate I love that color and it's in great condition over all. I guess it was meant to go home to you after all. Congrats and enjoy!
    I read on the internet one time that...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to metalchurch For This Useful Post:

LeftyLV426 (10-30-2018)

Thanks

I definitely expect to be doing that if I bond well with this one. I'll keep the original tone pot in case I ever sell.

The thicker neck on this one makes my white Legacy feel even even faster than before. This one has more sustain though, I can already tell even unplugged.

Thanks

G&Ls are criminally underrated guitars for the quality. Got an S-500 Tribute and it's such a comfortable feeling and sounding guitar. It's a good thing used ones don't go for much so we all can pick up quality for cheap.

HNGD!

Thanks

Definitly change to a master tone, I guess the only other choice would be to lose the switch and change to a rotary switch

Thanks

I was watching that guitar for a while too. Was seriously thinking of pulling the trigger. Glad someone got it here. Congrats!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to saltysidedown For This Useful Post:

LeftyLV426 (11-03-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saltysidedown View Post
    I was watching that guitar for a while too. Was seriously thinking of pulling the trigger. Glad someone got it here. Congrats!
    Oh sweet! Yeah it's pretty awesome and was a really good deal. Honestly, so far I'm not bonding super well with the thicker neck. Other than that I love it but every time I play it, after 5 minutes I just want to pick up the white Legacy or my invader instead.

Not going to rush a decision yet but if I decide it's not really my thing I'll throw it on here for sure.

Thanks

Beautiful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Assumer View Post
    Beautiful.
    Very nice.... Thank a lot.......!!!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog