Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Left For Dead
XLG
Adirondack Guitars

Thread: LH Electric Suggesstions??

Thanks

Default LH Electric Suggesstions??

I've been playing acoustic for a while now and want to get an electric to give myself more to play with. I'm willing to spend some good money but nothing that will break my wallet? I saw the post that Fender and Gibson wire their guitars backwards, is this a big deal? I really have no knowledge about electric guitars at all. Any info helps, Thanks!Rufus MapQuest UpToDate
    Last edited by jaisonwhitekar; 10-24-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks

To me it is no big deal at all.....I have many guitars and to be honest, I never notice which way to turn (either clockwise or counter clockwise) the knobs until I'm playing that particular guitar.

Then again....I don't remember much from day to day....so it works for me....

I guess if you're playing in a band and want consistency...you might be concerned...

let us know what you end up purchasing.....

Thanks

What's your budget? What style(s) of music do you want to play? Do you have an amp to use with it?

These answers will help narrow down your selection. Thanks.

Thanks

Yeah the backwards wiring really only affects which direction tion you have to turn your volume / tone knobs, like crawdaddy I also have a mix of both and never really have an issue or preference.

To recommend your first electric, its hard to say. In my opinion things like body weight, neck profiles and thickness, and fret size affect the feeling of an electric more than it would an acoustic. But that's probably because I'm a 90% electric player and only use my acoustic from time to time. Electrics also come in many more body styles and shapes that's half the fun.

Best thing to do at first is go to a music store and try out whatever you can find, although for lefty guitars we all know that's not going to be an experience with a ton of variety. You might only find a few left handed models and they could be all from the same brand or lower end models, but at least it could be a start.

And I wouldn't stress too much about the type of sound you envision getting out of it, if you really are just starting out in the electric world you'll quickly learn that dialing in a specific tone or sound isn't the simplest thing ever. In my opinion it's best to find something that feels good in your hands and plays well, first. The pickups can be changed later if desired.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy View Post
    To me it is no big deal at all.....I have many guitars and to be honest, I never notice which way to turn (either clockwise or counter clockwise) the knobs until I'm playing that particular guitar.

Then again....I don't remember much from day to day....so it works for me....

I guess if you're playing in a band and want consistency...you might be concerned...

let us know what you end up purchasing.....

you are like . a guy who replies like with no bullshit and a reliable answer
    THANKYOU

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jaisonwhitekar For This Useful Post:

crawdaddy (10-26-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyLV426 View Post
    Yeah the backwards wiring really only affects which direction tion you have to turn your volume / tone knobs, like crawdaddy I also have a mix of both and never really have an issue or preference.

To recommend your first electric, its hard to say. In my opinion things like body weight, neck profiles and thickness, and fret size affect the feeling of an electric more than it would an acoustic. But that's probably because I'm a 90% electric player and only use my acoustic from time to time. Electrics also come in many more body styles and shapes that's half the fun.

Best thing to do at first is go to a music store and try out whatever you can find, although for lefty guitars we all know that's not going to be an experience with a ton of variety. You might only find a few left handed models and they could be all from the same brand or lower end models, but at least it could be a start.

And I wouldn't stress too much about the type of sound you envision getting out of it, if you really are just starting out in the electric world you'll quickly learn that dialing in a specific tone or sound isn't the simplest thing ever. In my opinion it's best to find something that feels good in your hands and plays well, first. The pickups can be changed later if desired.
    thankyou

Thanks

Left handed pots are less than $10 a piece anyhow....around $6ish. I don’t mind which way they turn either.....but at the same time I’m OCD and will eventually get all my guitars to turn up/down in the same direction.

It’s more important to go to a store and get some guitars in your hands. See how they sound and feel....even if all they have are right handed models. Find a guitar you like that’s offered in lefty, go to a store and if they only have that model in right handed try it anyhow. Hear how it sounds, look at how well it was built, how the neck feels etc....then, if it’s great see if they’ll order the lefty version.
    Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Buckethead… Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog