Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Left For Dead
XLG
Adirondack Guitars
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW 2018 Ibanez RG550 Genesis Models

Thanks

I’m sure he’ll chime in, but he texted me and said his DY arrived flawless. Now hopefully Hoshino gets in gear and sends me mine!
    Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Buckethead… Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

Thanks

Yeah, I fell asleep at like 8 last night lol.

Here are my initial impressions:

I wish it were a more faithful recreation. It is a 550 in spirit, but not in execution. The neck is my biggest issue. And I'm totally nitpicking here because I can, its a great guitar, more guitar than is necessitated by my playing. But this is the internet, dammit.

The neck is not a gloss finish, its oil rubbed like my other Presteige. It has the same fret end treatment too, which is awesome. The walnut stripe down the back makes it look like just a modern Ibanez neck. Its thin enough that it isn't entirely noticeable, but its there.

Its awesome, its a great deal for what they're going for, and I'm going to play the crap out of it. But the 550s are my favorite guitar ever, and I wish I were buying a brand new 550, and I'm just buying a version of it. If that makes sense.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    ^ left us hanging
    HAHAH!
    Resident Schecter fanboy - EMG - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain
    This user has gone 294 days without purchasing a guitar.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beneharris View Post
    Yeah, I fell asleep at like 8 last night lol.

Here are my initial impressions:

I wish it were a more faithful recreation. It is a 550 in spirit, but not in execution. The neck is my biggest issue. And I'm totally nitpicking here because I can, its a great guitar, more guitar than is necessitated by my playing. But this is the internet, dammit.

The neck is not a gloss finish, its oil rubbed like my other Presteige. It has the same fret end treatment too, which is awesome. The walnut stripe down the back makes it look like just a modern Ibanez neck. Its thin enough that it isn't entirely noticeable, but its there.

Its awesome, its a great deal for what they're going for, and I'm going to play the crap out of it. But the 550s are my favorite guitar ever, and I wish I were buying a brand new 550, and I'm just buying a version of it. If that makes sense.
    Aha, I was wondering how "original" they would be!

Thanks

Yeah, everything else looks great. They nailed the color. It is exactly what I was expecting a DY would be. So kudos to them for that. The edge is great too, feels identical to my originals. So really, they did a good job, but the neck is such a big part of what a 550 is.

Thanks

I agree, no other guitar has the neck profile of my 1987 RG550...even other "wizard" necks

Thanks

The profile actually feels right. I will need more time to tell for sure, but I was happy with that. Just the finish.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog