Left For Dead
XLG
Adirondack Guitars
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTB Specific Squier

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy View Post
    Can't wait to see your NGD....

If I remember correctly, I gave the neck to my buddy...he has this great loft in his house that is his music room and he has adorned the walls with guitar art...I have a couple of necks hanging there...

Can't wait to see your NGD....oh wait, did I say that already!!!!
    The neck is actually hanging on the wall as art, like not on a body?

Thanks

Still trying to figure out exactly which Squires have 21 frets and which have 22. I hear the Japanese Squires are nice. I bought a nice used 22 fret Squire recently, I think it was Mexican, to mod, but I didn't like the neck, and ended up returning it. Although it was well built, finished, and played nicely, the neck was too narrow and round for me. Guess I'm just not used to that. I like the necks on the Mexico Strats a lot more, and they can be had for not a whole lot more money.
    Last edited by Zippin44; 01-07-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks

Did the one you had have a large headstock, or did it say "Affinity" on it?

Thanks

No, it was a Squire Standard, it had a large headstock. Its too bad, because it was in nice shape and it was only $120.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zippin44 View Post
    No, it was a Squire Standard, it had a large headstock. Its too bad, because it was in nice shape and it was only $120.
    The "Squier Standard" series from the 2000's on are the only Squier guitars for us lefty's that has 22 frets....They are nice guitars w/alnico P/U's in them too...I think they are made in either China or Korea....depends on the serial number...

And just to screw with our heads even more...the "Squier Standard" series of the 90's had only 21 frets....

here is a pic of my '99 Standard in BRG...

20180108_075714.jpg

All of the MIM built Squier guitars have 21 frets....they are basically an MIM Standard necks with cheaper tuners and a different decal.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leftrb View Post
    The neck is actually hanging on the wall as art, like not on a body?
    Yeah, he's got all sorts of guitar related stuff hanging on the wall...and I mean plastered on the walls...you can barely tell the color of the walls with all the crap he has hanging on them...

I'll have to get a couple of pics the next time I'm at his house...it's really kinda cool....

1 wall going up the stairs is all Beatles stuff.....the wall where the stairs turn 180 degrees is all Hendrix.... 1 wall in the loft is dedicated SRV and Jimmy Vaughn...another wall in the loft is from his AF days (30 years of service), just pics and memorabilia of the areas he was stationed...

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog